What's the difference between...

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

I fully understand you RANGER. It will not happen again.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

Understood.
goon175
Ranger

Re: What's the difference between...

Post by goon175 »

haha, some of these old posts are kind of entertaining....
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

goon175 wrote:haha, some of these old posts are kind of entertaining....
It sure be interesting to see where these kids are today. Who made it? Who quit? Are they SSG's by now with mulitple tours. Anyone know these lads?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I was thinking the exact same thing, hell if they made it they would have been Tab spc-4's or TL's by the time I got to Batt.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

goon175 wrote:I was thinking the exact same thing, hell if they made it they would have been Tab spc-4's or TL's by the time I got to Batt.
That'd be funny as fuck if you found out one of these "knuckleheads" (as pertaining to these posts') was smoking you as a newb. :shock: :lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

haha yeah. I actually came across a thread somewhere on here a while back talking about my first 1SG getting his nuts crushed as a young PFC. Kind of blew my mind, to say the least. "you mean he didnt enlist in the army as a barrell chested Ranger 1sg?"
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

goon175 wrote:haha yeah. I actually came across a thread somewhere on here a while back talking about my first 1SG getting his nuts crushed as a young PFC. Kind of blew my mind, to say the least. "you mean he didnt enlist in the army as a barrell chested Ranger 1sg?"
Yeah, it is kind of strange thinking of our leaders as being young once. GEN "Fritz" Kroesen has been my hero for many years. One evening I was sitting with some friends and he talked about being as scared as he could be during some minor action in WWII. I suddenly realized that he was being brutally honest, and it gave me a whole new perspective on him. I've often told people that I was likely "the world's worst fire team leader," when I looked back at my actions. Honestly, I was as good as anyone -- but my expectations arose with experience.

BTW, I can't believe we are disussing an 8-year old thread.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “The Mosh Pit”