DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Pyroclams
Embryo

Post by Pyroclams »

SFC hit_it,

1) I was recruited in Portland, OR and processed through the MEPS in Portland.

2) Thus far I have read rather than written for the most part, and have received no assrippings or assignments other than a "Shut the Fuck Up" from Ranger Kilted Heathen. Should I step on my dick I will accept my punishment and execute it. The criticism on this site is constructive and administered for cause. If a DEP or Newt here questions his commitment after being punished here, God help him if he meets any of the Rangers here present during RIP. The punishments here reflect the realities of military life, but I doubt that I'm wrong in thinking that they are nothing compared to what Ranger Puck or others are capable of in the flesh.

I have learned a great deal from this site. The first time I ever met a recruiter I walked into the office and happened to sit down with the only Ranger in the post (former 2nd Bn). The first thing I told him was that I wanted an Option 40, something I knew nothing about before Ranger sites like this one. Time and again through talking to my recruiter and through MEPS, the research I was able to do here paid off, and I got my shit.

Take my eyesight for example: I have 20/200 in one eye and about 20/400 in the other, both correctable to 20/20. At MEPS the guidance counselor told me that I did not qualify for an Option 40, though I do, in fact, just meet the requirements. Had I not read SFC hit_it's FAQs prior to MEPS, I would not have known to question his decision and fight it.

4) Talking to my recruiter and others from his station, everything they have said has jived with what I have read here. I do believe that ArmyRanger.com portrays Battalion life as truly as is possible. It can be hard to get away from the whole "Army of One" line and find information being shared by warriors without an attempt at marketing or sanitization.

The Rangers and Veterans on this site have no agenda any more calculated than to associate with other warriors and, when we behave ourselves, us DEPs who hope to one day join them. Because of this, because there are no quotas here and no pulled punches, ArmyRanger.com offers DEPs insights into Army life, including its stratification, its discipline, its attitudes, its humor, and its costs. Heroes are celebrated and mourned, jokes are traded, fuck-ups are punished, and the Rangers and Veterans shoot the shit.

I'm not sure how you could produce a more realistic portrayal through the internet. Unless, of course, you consider America's Army to be a realistic portrayal.... :roll:
"In my spear is my kneaded barley bread, in my spear is my wine from Ismaros, and I drink it leaning upon my spear."

--Archilochus
Thursday
Tadpole

Re: DEPS AND NEWTS POST!!!!!!!!!

Post by Thursday »

hit_it wrote:1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?
SFC Hit_it: While I am not a DEP, it will be either Chicago or Houston, depending if I get the job in Houston that I want.
hit_it wrote:2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here
The ass ripping I recieved when I first joined this site was exactly what I needed. I had my head so far up my ass I could see out of my throat. I now know exactly what I want to do and in what way I will accomplish it.
hit_it wrote:3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
It is stronger than ever, though now I get to go in with an advantage over all of the other recruits who havn't done their homework.
hit_it wrote:4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?
I really do not know. I have had very little contact with anyone currently serving that I can't say that I know what the Military is like. But the Rangers sure as hell keep everyone in line.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Take my eyesight for example: I have 20/200 in one eye and about 20/400 in the other, both correctable to 20/20. At MEPS the guidance counselor told me that I did not qualify for an Option 40, though I do, in fact, just meet the requirements. Had I not read SFC hit_it's FAQs prior to MEPS, I would not have known to question his decision and fight it.

4) Talking to my recruiter and others from his station, everything they have said has jived with what I have read here. I do believe that ArmyRanger.com portrays Battalion life as truly as is possible. It can be hard to get away from the whole "Army of One" line and find information being shared by warriors without an attempt at marketing or sanitization.
This is exactly why I write those stickies. I feel I am giving back by telling you guys how to use the system in your favor. Understand the process, so that when you smell bullshit, you deal with it on the spot.

This made my day.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ActiveDarwinism
Tadpole

Post by ActiveDarwinism »

SFC Hit_it;

1) I was recruited from Evanston, IL. and passed through the corresponding MEPS, which I believe was in Arlington Heights, IL.

2) When I receive an ass-chewing on this site, it is just a reminder that I know nothing as of now, and of what I'm gonna have to go through to become a Ranger. It helps in that it lets me know what I need to to to be more squared away and better prepared. I do not feel shaken, because I know that if I feel shaken over just reading fucking words, I will have a hell of a time when an RI gets in my face. The only time it ever got to me was the responses to my initial introduction post, because I had not read enough to be prepared for it, and it caught me by surprise. My commitment to the Army is never in question, though sometimes I wonder if when I become a Ranger I will still be treated like a piece of shit by senior Rangers, once I've found a place in Regiment. If anything, I feel more resolved to cowboy the fuck up and find out. When I was more involved on the site, I did every bit of exercise a Ranger told me to do.

4) I think that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrayal of military personality, though not necessarily military life, for several reasons:

A. If the shit gets too boring, or obnoxious, or if everyone is being an asshole, I can sign off and not do a damn thing more.

B. Nobody is around to make sure you follow through on your shit except online.

C. If you only pretend to do your shit, nobody but you will know.

D. Peer pressure is not as prominent here, because humiliation is not so much a problem. Yeah, sure, kids get their asses chewed, but only about half of the time is it in the forums. Other times its in PM. So you're not as worried about fucking up, for fear of embarassing yourself in front of your fellow DEPs.

E. You're only hounded if you get online and log on to the site. If you don't want to possibly take shit, you can ignore it and still read everything. You can dismiss the unlubricated ass-rapings of esteemed Rangers such as Ranger Kilted Heathen(and I mean no disrespect whatsoever, Ranger Kilted Heathen - you were the loudest ass-chewer that came to mind) as the ramblings of some asshole who for all you know could have been some slack-assed quartermaster who happens to be Ranger qualified, simply because you are not face to face with them, and thus you don't know. Its more surreal than anything, because all anyone can do is scream and wait for your ass in Ranger School and RIP.

F. Finally, because I do not know what military life is like. Whether there are people who after ass-chewings come and console you by telling you quietly you're a fuckup, and what you did wrong, why, and how to fix it. I don't have really anything to compare it to.

I think it is only realistic if you pay attention and want to follow what advice and orders are given to you on the site, and obey your mentors and the Rangers. But then again, sometimes even if you want to, you may not be able to because of other obligations/lack of resources. So, all in all, its up to the DEPs.

SFC Hit_it, I hope this helped you and the Rangers with your survey.
"Going to war without France is like going duck hunting without your accordian." -Donald Rumsfeld

Ship Date: 20050804
Start Date: 20050812
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

suntannedmonk wrote:The response answered the question honestly and truthfully.
Thank you for your honesty
suntannedmonk wrote:Unfortunately the Army didn’t ask for your permission when I enlisted.
For this response you will immediately and irrevocably be banned!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Silverback wrote:
suntannedmonk wrote:Unfortunately the Army didn’t ask for your permission when I enlisted.
Bye-bye asshole. I hope you have fun trying to get your 18 mos. It is possible to answer questions respectfully, wether you want to or not. That's the Army, you SHOW respect to the rank, you respect the person if you want to.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Silverback wrote:
I purposely stayed on the sidelines on this idiot's comments out of respect to SFC hit_it in his asking for honesty.

suntannedmonk, even though your answers were honest, you ignored the very basic use of common sense and your ego pushed you over the cliff.

I liken it to you exhibiting and exercising your constitutional right of Free Speech by yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, when there wasn't any.

Honesty is one thing. Sarcasm from a no nothing, never BTDT is a whole nother story.
I stand by my responses to the questions; I answered the questions without reservation and it’s unfortunate that they hurt your feelings but I won’t jeopardize my integrity to save you some sleep at night.

Hurt anyone's feelings? Who the fuck are you to have the downright dipshitiest level of superiority to actually think you hurt someone's feelings?

The truth is your answers smack of smuggness and disrespect from someone who was the probably the victim long ago of SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME.

Or you just let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass one time too many. Fact is, you've probably been doing it for years and getting away with it. You have become a fecal impaction in dire need of removal, and so, an enema with your name on it, is now heading your way.

In any case, no one here will be losing any sleep over your well deserved involuntary departure from this site. Get use to it because at the rate you're going, it will probably become routine, if you even make it off the bus without getting your ass handed to you.

Buh bye.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Gravedigger
Ranger

Post by Gravedigger »

Fuckin A CM!
RI 4th RTB 85-88 [Darby]
9th ID scouts 82-85
4/9 Manchu 79-81 [Alaska]
RS 6-84 [ Fortune Favors The Bold]
SERE Instructor class 3-83
NWTC
Mentor to:
Deadbolt

RLTW

" The Fun Starts When the Pussies Fall Out"
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

centermass wrote:
Silverback wrote:
I purposely stayed on the sidelines on this idiot's comments out of respect to SFC hit_it in his asking for honesty.

suntannedmonk, even though your answers were honest, you ignored the very basic use of common sense and your ego pushed you over the cliff.

I liken it to you exhibiting and exercising your constitutional right of Free Speech by yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre, when there wasn't any.

Honesty is one thing. Sarcasm from a no nothing, never BTDT is a whole nother story.
I stand by my responses to the questions; I answered the questions without reservation and it’s unfortunate that they hurt your feelings but I won’t jeopardize my integrity to save you some sleep at night.

Hurt anyone's feelings? Who the fuck are you to have the downright dipshitiest level of superiority to actually think you hurt someone's feelings?

The truth is your answers smack of smuggness and disrespect from someone who was the probably the victim long ago of SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME.

Or you just let your alligator mouth overload your jaybird ass one time too many. Fact is, you've probably been doing it for years and getting away with it. You have become a fecal impaction in dire need of removal, and so, an enema with your name on it, is now heading your way.

In any case, no one here will be losing any sleep over your well deserved involuntary departure from this site. Get use to it because at the rate you're going, it will probably become routine, if you even make it off the bus without getting your ass handed to you.

Buh bye.
Very nice Ranger!!
It's all good.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

hit_it wrote:Here's what I want: ArmyRanger.com command climate survery.

1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?

I was recruited from southern California, I process through MEPS in Los Angeles

2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here

When gettting an ass chewing I feel commited to fix my mistake and am motivated to not mess up again. I do not waiver after an ass chewing, I still feel fully commited to the Army. I have learned much here and continue to learn everyday. Yes, I do the exercises fully.

3)NEWTS: How strong is your commitment to talk to a recruiter after your involvement on this site?
Very strong, I have already spoken with a recruiter and gone to MEPS.

4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?

Being that I have never been in the military I cant say for sure. From my point of view though I would say yes. I believe so because of the way this site is run. To treat everyone that deserves respect with respect. Also for that fact that not everyone who gets here stays. People get dropped and some hang around.

Please answer these questions as thoroughly as possible but do not include your recruiter's names.

This information will be used by myself, Ranger gpatmac and the Rangers of this site to assess you.

Use your integrity.

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Just to ensure the intial intent of this thread is met, I will add...Members of ArmyRanger.com you have been solicited for an honest and forthright opinion. Under no circumstances will a demonstration of disrespect to a veteran or Ranger of this site be dealt with lightly. Asking for your opinion does not relinquish you from the the responsibility of demonstrating respect and common sense.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your replies.
Last edited by Silverback on July 29th, 2005, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Geek
Ranger

Post by Geek »

hit_it wrote:1)DEPS:What area of the US were you recruited from? Which MEPS did you process through?
Long Island, NY. Went through Ft. Hamilton.
hit_it wrote:2)ALL: How many of you are truly shaken when you take an ass chewing on this site? How do you feel about your commitment to the Army after recieving such as ASS RIPPING here? stronger? weaker? Do you honestly do the exercises you have been told to do? Do you learn here?
I haven't posted enough to get an ass ripping. But I do learn from the ass rippings others on this site receive.
hit_it wrote:4)ALL: Do you feel that ArmyRanger.com is an accurate portrail of every day military life? Why or why not?
The friends and family I have talked to about life in the military have all mentioned two important things to do: 1) shut up and do what you're told, and 2) don't ask questions, just watch what the vets do. That appears to be the role DEPS and NEWTS are encouraged to play here: 1) shut-up and follow the rules laid out in the FAQ, and 2) don't ask questions that have already been asked, just look at the past posts that answer your question (or get on google and find the answer yourself).
C 2/75 APR '06 - FEB '10
OIF '06, '08, '09
OEF '07

Return to “The Mosh Pit”