Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

GSXRanger
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by GSXRanger »

Chiron wrote:How much does it cost to buy a ticket for the movies? Over here for a regular screen it's $10.50...

I rather wait for the DVD and rent three of them for the weekend at $3 each.
It depends on where ya go. IMAX tickets can go as high as $12 bucks... but, most are around $9 bucks for a regular theater. I have one here near my house, that shows first run movies, only they are behind the main theaters... for $2 a ticket. In other words, for instance... Cloverfield is playing in the BIG houses now, it will move to the $2 theater about two weeks after it stops showing in the main ones. So, I usually wait and catch flicks at the bargain movie house.

Once I get my big TV and Sound System... it's gonna be all about DVD's on the UpConverter... 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

cams wrote:
GSXRanger wrote:Ok.

No spoilers here... I will just say this. I would MUCH have rather spent the money on a Barbara Streisand Concert, with Barry Manilow as the opening act.
Ok, but coming from you, what does this really mean? And would that be after the manicure and eyebrow waxing or before? :twisted:
At least I don't get Pedicures... fucker. :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
pizzadehut
Egg

Post by pizzadehut »

I know one of the producers on Cloverfield. She was bragging to me how amazing she thought it was. BS! After seeing it, I can describe it in one sentence: It's like one of those tilt-a-whirls, everything speeds by you to the point of making you want to vomit, you're not really scared, not really satisfied, and at the end the only feeling you're left with is the idea that you probably shouldn't have ridden it.
"Fear of death I can handle. Fear of regret is a different, more tenacious beast."
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

Cloverfield was lame. I guess they thought that they could overcome the lack of any worthwhile story with the effects (I've seen better in that regard, also). Thankfully, a matinee here is only 5.50.

As for the dizzying visuals, I guess once you've gotten used to low-level night flights on a C-130, there's not much else out there that can make you sick.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I'm watching Stealth on TNT right now. I'll report back with a detailed review if I can make it through the whole movie without changing the channel.
I forgot to post my detailed review.

Gay.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

3:10 to Yuma. Best cowboy movie in years. Best character study since Fight Club.

Oh, and Dragon Wars, while having the title of a movie that could be great, blew pretty hard. I was hoping for Reign of Fire. I got Mortal Kombat.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

PocketKings wrote:3:10 to Yuma. Best cowboy movie in years. Best character study since Fight Club.
Absolutely agree, Ranger PocketKings. Definitely worth seeing a second/third time.

on BluRay
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

PocketKings wrote:3:10 to Yuma. Best cowboy movie in years.
It was very good. Seraphim Falls was good also.

Who's going to go see Rambo? :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Charlie Wilson's War. Great flick.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
PocketKings wrote:3:10 to Yuma. Best cowboy movie in years.
It was very good. Seraphim Falls was good also.

Who's going to go see Rambo? :D
I'll be seeing Rambo. I enjoy a good comedy! :lol: :lol:

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

ANGRYCivilian wrote: Seraphim Falls was good also.

The last 15 minutes kind of sucked. The bitch in the wagon in the middle of the desert was a little too much of "artistic expression" for me.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

TC204 wrote:
JohnDowland wrote:I guess once you've gotten used to low-level night flights on a C-130, there's not much else out there that can make you sick.
Even this?
Okay, you got me.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel

Return to “The Mosh Pit”