Ray80 Sends an Update

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

Ray80 Sends an Update

Post by Earthpig »

I received another SITREP from Ray80 today. I think I owe Ray an "I told you so"..... :lol: Don't be too hard on yourself, Ray. You're doing an excellent job. The PT scores will come back up. You're stubborn enough to assure that. Just keep doing what you're doing and push those run times. Make the A Group your immediate goal. Thanks for the report.
RLTW
EP

Ranger EarthPig,

I wanted to write the DEPs and share a little info on the PT here. For the most part, it is easy. The runs are only fairly challenging. Please be advised that the PT and diet here are designed to get 60% or better on the APFT. No, no, no, not you. You are better than that.

Be advised that the DS's may do very little to condition your legs. My DS's PT consists of 2-4 different workouts. Two are pushups/ situps improvements, abbreviated PUI and SUI. The other is an ability group run, based on your mile run time. There is an A, B, and C Group. A is for good runners, B is for average runners, and C is for slugs and slow runners. I run with the B Group at the front of the column. (That's not good enough, Ray. You need to be pushing yourself to get into the A Group. That's why your runs aren't challenging.)

Every week you'll run 2-3 times, either as ability groups or as a company. The company runs are easy, mainly to get you motivated and yelling cadence.

What has this meant for me? My PT scores are down to 267, as of last APFT. If you want to get in better shape, you will do it on your own. (I've been telling you DEPs that from Day 1.....you MUST do PT on your own, if you expect to get in better shape during OSUT. That includes running and working on your leg muscles. "I told you so.") 8)

There is no leg workout, so I have concentrated on hindu squats and the back bridge. (Get into the A Running Group and I'm sure you will be afforded extra run time at night.) My DS's are obsessed with situps and pushups, so we do like 1000 or 500 of those types of movements a day. So, find a stairwell and do extra PT in there, within reason. Pullups you can do after chow, so hang out by those pullup bars.

Don't be like me and let yourself get weakened. Please work your whole body and get strong. 90% of the guys cheat during smokings.

When it comes to diet, trade with your buddies to get eggs for cereal or something. You'll meet suckers who like Frosted Flakes that much.

18 more days until we get exodus. I'll write when I can, but the schedule looks busy!

Thanks, Rangers and kick some ass, DEPs.

Ray
Last edited by Earthpig on December 9th, 2004, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Excelent sitrep Ray. Glad to see you progressing. Stay focused, drive on! :lol:

Thanks for the post EP. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Bell

Post by Bell »

These SITREPS are the shits. Rays doing great by posting these things. I don't think I had time to write when I was there.

Keep working at it Ray. Not long to go now.

RLTW
Bell

Return to “Letters from School”