Shoulder Pain?

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Shoulder Pain?

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Well about 2 or so weeks ago I seemed to have injured my shoulder doing push-ups. It's a dull pain that starts right above my shoulder blade and goes up a little into the right side of my neck. I've continued doing push-ups, although, only a few, to try and stay somewhat in shape, while using heat wraps and such on my shoulder. I'm going to try and go to a doctor soon but I'm a little hesitant about it, but if it must be done. If anyone might be able to somewhat diagnose the problem or have any tips for me with my poor description of it I would be appreciative.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

Well, I thought I would give you guys a little Siterep on this. I went to the doc's today, and I have a severe sprain. I now have to go to physical therapy and have to take some anti-inflametory pills. Hopefully I will heal up quick. I was a scrawny shit before, but now I'm probably so weak and out of shape, its not even funny. Injuries suck. :x
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Hey Ball Peen Hammer,

Physical Therapy - assuming you're getting a good one - can be a great help with shoulder stuff, and in the end you could be better than ever.

My been-there-done-that story is that I yanked the stuffing out of my shoulder trying not to hit my head on the rocks while hanging on to a pole at a river dock. Any overhead movement hurt like a poker, and after a month I decided to go do something about it. Got the pain reliever - anti-inflamatory type - Aleve, I think - and went for a month of PT. Nothing was torn, just way stretched out. They gave me 20 or so exercises to do every day to isolate and strengthen just the weakened parts so they would contract back to normal length. It worked and that shoulder is as good as new, and I think stronger than it was. The other one is another story entirely....

PT is a daily diligence thing - something you'll be getting more of as you go along... There is no DS for this - you'll have to make yourself do it or the PT sessions become basically paid practice sessions, and aren't as effective.

Hope it all knits back together well!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

BPH did my time in Physical Therapy. I had a third of my right collar bone removed. Give it some time you have plenty of time to recover before you ship so take it slow.

Vanguard
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Return to “Medical Issues”