GravityMan...still kicking butt! (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

GravityMan...still kicking butt! (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

My last of four letters today was from GravityMan. He's still doing a great job. Note: If the M-240B is anything like the M-60, it is accurate as hell, so long as the operator is proficient with that weapon. And...yes, it is heavy....that's why it's called The PIG! :twisted: It also provides 75% of your squad firepower. It is a force to be reckoned with. Keep driving on, G-Man!
RLTW
EP

Ranger EarthPig,

The last few days have been a nice change-up! Today being Thanksgiving, we have a bit to 'chillax.' We have done special weapons (M-203, M-240B, M-249, granades, and the AT-4), AIMs, and have started ITT.

The previous 3 days have been filed with activity. We had an 11 mile march to night infiltration (after grenades), that was finally successful in fucking up my feet, where the other ones failed. I HATE bloody feet/blisters,but I kept pace and didn't fall out. :D Night infiltration was lackluster. It was alright, but I was expecting more of a D-Day feeling, rather than sparse gunfire/explosions. Good stuff, though.

When we shot both the M-249 and the M-240B, they told us that the M-240B was the replacement for the M-60. But, I'm just a dumbassed private, so who knows. The M-249 simply kicked ass. I was squeezing off 7-10 round bursts @ 200 meter targets with great accuracy. Same ammo as the M-16 and not that heavy. So, pretty good overall, IMO. However, the M-240B is a bitch. Heavy weapon. Heavy ammo load and inaccurate as hell. M-249 > M-240B.

We have a PT test coming up next Monday for both Family Day and Exodus. I'm not worried, as I have about a 250 mean so far. Still need to work on it, though.

Running tips for DEPs: Get into A Group. Once you find yourself comfortable there, volunteer for the ultimate form of hell....Road Guard. Being a Road Guard for A Group is the ultimate form of suck. :D Also, don't cheat yourself, whether it's for PT or any form of training. You'll understand why, come next PT test, or when you finally put your training to use. My arms are getting better now. For PT, I do sets and rotate between pushups, situps, and flutterkicks, without working myself to failure.

As for taking so long to respond, no worries/ no complaints at all. I am honored to be exchanging letters with you and understand that your personal life takes priority over this. I will continue to update as frequently as possible, via letter and ArmyRanger.com.

GravityMan[/i]
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

EP - thanks for keying all these in Brother~!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

G-man, Keep posting the info. It is valuable information to the DEP's waiting to go in. Good SITREP G-man.

EP, as usual, you are so gracious with each and every post you do for these young men and us. Thank you EP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”