Sit-Rep

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Sit-Rep

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Well I am in week 10 and on a family day pass. I have been doing pretty well in OSUT so far. I took my last PT test yesterday and got 13:10, 67 PU's and 82 SU's. I have also already done BRM a while ago, I got 35, which pissed me the fuck off, because I didnt get expert. I have only 2 more weeks of OSUT left (we are a short cycle due to christmas exodus), so all I have to do is the eagle run, a 12 mile road march, and FTX. The good thing about road marching now at the ITB is they just now started using the large ALICE rucks, so I guess if we did a to standard pace, we would be set. I really dont have a lot more to say other than thanks to all the Rangers and Vet's, ALL the info on this site is usefull. DEP's, when the Rangers and Vet's say attention to detail they mean it, you will hear it over and over again here at OSUT that and TEAMWORK...if your battle buddy is fucked up, you're fucked up for letting him be fucked up, just a bit of advice for you DEP's getting ready to ship.

Black skirt
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Good to hear from you. I would not sweat the PT score or the BRM Score. By the time you get to Bn, you'll be maxing the PT test and also shooting expert, just cause we shoot so darned much.

Did you have family come, or did you take off to hole up in a hotel on Victory Drive?

Stay focused when at Airborne School, otherwise you'll end up like Pale Horse Rider, who serves in the 101st.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Thanks Ranger Spartan. My Family did come, and we are staying on a hotel a safe distance away from victory drive, we were actually told we werent alowed at ANY establishment there at all.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the SIREP recruit. It sounds like you're doing good. In just a few more weeks you'll be a Ranger. Kinda neat.

Drive on to the objective. One day at a time.

RLTW
Bell
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Bell wrote:Thanks for the SIREP recruit. It sounds like you're doing good. In just a few more weeks you'll be a Ranger. Kinda neat.

Drive on to the objective. One day at a time.

RLTW
Bell
Next thing you know, he'll be talking about falling out of an airplane.......there just isn't anything like jumping from an aircraft in fright!! :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Keep up the good work Blackskirt, I remember my Brother V-Rod and I smoked you pretty well online a while back, but you have continued to hang in there and suck it up. Keep doing that and you'll be fine, happy holidays to ya, enjoy your family and friends while you can and as Ranger Bell said.......in just a little while you'll become a member of the Ranger Brotherhood, one of the best decisions that you will have ever made. 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Good to hear from you skirt!

Did you ever get my letter back to you???

When you do the FTX, be on the 60 team and take the foxhole furthest down the line!
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Black Skirt - I love the progress! I remember the first day you talked to me and you were at 22 pushups.... Hope to see you in Savannah!
It's Mind over Matter. If you don't Mind, it won't Matter.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Blkskirt, what a pleasure hearing from you. You sound extremely confident, more grown-up for sure. Stay focused. All the training you do is like building blocks until you become the Rock of Gibraltar. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”