Ever heard of Haganah?

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
Ando

Post by Ando »

Sorry to crash and spoil the party, but Haganah was a group of freedom fighters/terrorists that fought the British for Israeli independance in the forties. I know this for a particularly interesting reason...My grandfather on my mother's side was a marksman with british SF during the war, and was stationed in Palestine when the war ended to protect the British High Commissioner of Palestine. And my mother's uncle (Her mum's brother) was an enemy sniper in Haganah...lol...They actually shot at each other for about two weeks in the mountains in the North. Niether could have been that great, because generations later, im here!

That made for some pretty interesting conversations years later, i would imagine!
warrior
Embryo

Post by warrior »

If I am allowed to put in my 2 cents. Based on what I read and heard; It is true that Haganah were the first freedom fighters fighting against the British. But Haganah was also the name given to their hand to hand combative system they developed, it was a compilation of many technics taken from many martial arts. Krav Maga is a modern version of Haganah. The difference between the two is that Haganah is more battlefield oriented in that it is more offensive. Krav Maga is more defensive in that perspective.
Haganah is more like :evil: : I have to kill you and I have a knife, ok you are dead (warfare). In Krav Maga, you take offensive action but it is based on being the victim :? : allright, you have a knife and you want to hurt me, oh shit you are going down.

Return to “Close Combat”