New DEP

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

SEARCH and ye shall find!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
snuffer19
Embryo

Post by snuffer19 »

Hays,

Check your personal messages
3rd Batt 10/04- Present
RS class 07-05

The reason he hangs around with those "gorillas," as you called them, is because anyone of those "gorillas" would take a baseball bat to your head anyday. It's called loyalty. - GWH
USA1
Ranger

Option 40 contract

Post by USA1 »

Hey, I signed up in August and they didn't have any option 40's available. I got 11x option 4 (airborne). Did you get 11x option 40? Also, do you know if they opened the 40 option up or did you just get lucky with someone who dropped out? Any information would be great, I leave Feb. 10th also and would like to get the 40 option before I leave.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Whoever wrote this... I was too lazy to look back and get the name
Hey, I signed up in August and they didn't have any option 40's available. I got 11x option 4 (airborne). Did you get 11x option 40? Also, do you know if they opened the 40 option up or did you just get lucky with someone who dropped out? Any information would be great, I leave Feb. 10th also and would like to get the 40 option before I leave.
Dude, don't you worry your little wannabe heart about getting it before you go. If you are going to Airborne school, they will most certianly approach all of you before the end of Airborne and ask if you want to go to RIP. They did it to almost ever Airborne class I've seen, and I know they want more guys. Especially ones that actually want to be there. Keep your ear to the ground, although I'm sure you won't have to, and be sure to pay attention and you will see/hear about it. They may even come to you while you are in basic/AIT. And if they don't come to you, go to them and contact them.

If you want it bad enough, you'll find it. It will more than likely find you however. So don't be too worried if you can't get option 40 before you go.

Edit - PT you ask? Just PM me if you want some details, but mostly just keep yourself active with push-ups, sit-ups and running. Also, try to hump it out some and harden up your feet (Sweet Jesus.. is that how you spell feet? I've been in the Army too long...). If you just stay somewhat active and go into basic motivated to get in shape.. then you'll be more than fine. If a fat slug like me can end up with a 300+ at the end of basic/ait, Im sure anyone can.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04

Return to “Introduction Archive”