El Diablo sends another report (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Earthpig
Ranger

El Diablo sends another report (RANGER)

Post by Earthpig »

Just received this letter from El Diablo yesterday:

Ranger EarthPig,

I bring to you another SITREP from Ft. Benning, GA. It's Week 5 in OSUT and so far, I'm still loving it. We had our PT test last week. I did OK by my standards....scored a 251. The pushups dragged me down a bit. I need to work on those.

I received your letter tonight. Thanks for the PT. Speaking of PT, our drill Sergeant smoked us good for not getting first place in the APFT. We ended up doing a 2-mile run in our bay.....yes, our bay, 300 side-straddle-hops (a one minute break at 150), 100 flutterkicks, and countless core exercises. We also did lion-tamers, elevated pushups, etc. My arms felt good, but my legs were done after the session and we still had a 25 minute AGR the next morning. It was tough, but I finished the run.

Some guys here look at smokings as a punishment. I look at it as preparation for RIP. We have a few weak ones here, but they try to PT. Our "for-sure" wash-out is now on suicide watch, but the pussy doesn't have the guts to pull off the act. I think he does this so he can get an easy pass out of the Army.

I took a look at the company alpha roster. We have a lot of 18X's and Option 40's. Some have what it takes and some have a snowball's chance in Hell of making it. In my platoon, everyone is either an Option 40, 18X, NG, or is going to Hawaii or Ft. Drum.

The smokings have receeded a bit, mainly because we're about to qualify and they don't want to kill us before then. I know once BRM is over, the smoke machine will roll once again.

I was surprised at how many people failed the PT test. I mean, if you did all the PT that the DS's had us do (and didn't cheat), there is no reason why you shouldn't pass. Our lowest score was a 111 and the little fat fuck still bitches about PT.

Some guys here are dying to go home and can't stand it here, but I'm loving every minute of it. One of the things that I enjoy the most is my Drill Sergeants. They do their damnest to make sure that we get things right. We, without a doubt, have the toughest, yet funniest Drill Sergeants in the entire regiment. They make sure we're disciplined and know how to do things. When they joke with us, they say the funniest shit.

BRM was yesterday and i was a first time Go with a 25. I guess I was out of my normal mindset that day. I could usually hit 30-33 targets in practice. Whatever, I get to requal in 6 months.

The day was going along fine until one dumb fucker was found with chewing tobacco. Now i think the entire platoon is fucked. If we're lucky, we get smoked for about 6 hours. If not, then we get knocked straight back to total control.

At least we get to do some fun shit this week. Week 6 consists of M249, M240B, and M203 familiarization and we get the CCO's on our rifles. Basically, all I have to do to stay motivated is to look forward to training and enjoy it.

That's about all I have to say for now. Wish me luck and always drive on.

El Diablo

PS: Next letter, throw in some pushups!
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

These SITREPS are great!

You can't smoke ME Sergeant! Should be on his next letter.

RLTW
Bell
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

El diablo sounds really focused and motivated. Keep it up young one. This was a really good letter to read bud. Thanks for the post EP.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Bell wrote:You can't smoke ME Sergeant! Should be on his next letter.
It's already in the mailbox with the red flag up. What I wrote on the ouside was, "Drill Sgt: This Troop needs some work on his pushups. Could you assist him? RLTW." That should work. I can't believe he requested it! :lol:
RLTW
EP
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Steadfast wrote:El diablo sounds really focused and motivated. Keep it up young one. This was a really good letter to read bud. Thanks for the post EP.
Yes, it's pretty cool to see the transformation. They usually come here as drivelling groupies, then they start becoming men in OSUT. They sprout wings shortly after becoming a soldier and then all of a sudden, they've earned their Tan Beret. We're watching warriors being born. Pretty cool stuff. I guess you've got to be a FOG like you, Bell, and myself to really get a thrill from it all. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

EarthPig wrote:
Steadfast wrote:El diablo sounds really focused and motivated. Keep it up young one. This was a really good letter to read bud. Thanks for the post EP.
Yes, it's pretty cool to see the transformation. They usually come here as drivelling groupies, then they start becoming men in OSUT. They sprout wings shortly after becoming a soldier and then all of a sudden, they've earned their Tan Beret. We're watching warriors being born. Pretty cool stuff. I guess you've got to be a FOG like you, Bell, and myself to really get a thrill from it all. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Ranger Bell's reaction to each and every letter is always uplifting. Ranger Bell's words of encouragement are like magic and the youngsters remember what counts. Thanks EP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”