PREQUAL OPTION 40 QUESTION

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Lost Thing
Tadpole

PREQUAL OPTION 40 QUESTION

Post by Lost Thing »

SFC Hit_It,

I was reading your thread on prior service and it stated that prior service was someone who was trained in a MOS and that they were not allowed to be written an Option 40. Would this apply to me as well even though I didn't graduate bootcamp?

Thank You
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

no, it should not.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

SFC Hit_It

My re-enlistment code is re-3p. So all I would need to do is have my condition I was disqualified for waived(I recently had an operation to correct it) and I would be able to secure an Option 40 if it were available?

Thank You
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

what operation did you have?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Lost Thing
Tadpole

Post by Lost Thing »

SFC Hit_it,

"I was discharged with an Re-3P during bootcamp because of retinal tearing/thinning in my left eye. I just had it repaired yesterday and my doctor said he didn't see it becoming a problem in the future if I chose to enlist into the military once again."

So as long as I can get my procedure waived then I could get an Option 40 since I never completed bootcamp? The Navy and civilian personnel said that I should be able to get a waiver and my doctor said he didn't see my eye being a problem in the future.

Thank You
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

wait your 6 months, get your medical documents and have them submitted to MEPS.

i don't think it's a problem, but only they can tell you for sure.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”