Why? (kind of a rant)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

NoahH
Ranger

Post by NoahH »

Hey bud people give me all kinds of shit for joining the military. Don't let them get to ya, just stay focused on your goals, think about WHY you joined in the first place, and stay away from the turds.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Like my Brothers have said....if they ask, they wouldn't understand any answer. Don't waste your time trying to explain something they will never have a clue about. A young writer friend of mine...name of Sam Clemens...said, "Never try to teach a pig to sing, it wastes your time, and it irritates the pig."
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
dolsen175
Ranger

Post by dolsen175 »

I always looked at it like this. I joined right out of high school and while my buddies went through a meaningless 4 years of college to sit behind a desk in a cubicle for the next 20 years and attend cheese-dick office parties I was living the Ranger life. I think the rest of the Bat Boys can attest to this. And what if you die? Don't even think about that shit man, it's not worth worrying about. Some disgruntled employee could come in and shoot you in the office so now where does that leave you.
RSTB 07-present
RHHC 04-07
Bco 1/75 99-03
Class 11-00
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

20 years from now those same dickheads will still be sitting there saying "why did you do that ?" At the same time, they will be bitching about how unfair life has been to them, how "unfair" it has been that they can't find a good job, blaming the government, wah wah wah.

R2 was right. Fuck 'em. People hate individuals and those that chart their own course. It scares the hell out of them because it brings focus to their own pathetic little lives.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

20 years from now it will be your stories everybody will be listening to. Fighting, shooting, jumping and fucking!! They'll have there... Damn that Economics 101 was tough!!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

McD wrote:20 years from now it will be your stories everybody will be listening to. Fighting, shooting, jumping and fucking!! They'll have there... Damn that Economics 101 was tough!!
Exactly. Ranger stories are the best. No one has anything comparable. So you can live a slow boring life or live life to the fullest and do all kinds of dangerous stuff, blow stuff up, shoot things, see Rangerettes, and make the best of friends or sit around with a bunch of spoiled kids in college.

Now I did both and then some. I learned more and enjoyed more as a Ranger than I ever did in college. I am sure IntelToad would say the same thing.

Ranger2
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

Being a Ranger was the most important thing i have done in my life. It taught me that i could do anything i set my mind to. When things get tough I just look back at being in Ranger school or being in Battalion and realize my life is alot easier now!!! Most of your friends ask you why because they will never understand what kind of dedication it takes to be a Ranger. Just dont quit!!! You will do things that they will come to envy, and you will meet some of the best people in the world in Battalion!!!
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Many others have already hit on this one....but when you come home on leave, the same mother fuckers who gave you shit for joining will be the ones lined up to hear your stories. You will soon notice that most of the grief you have gotten over your decision was out of pure envy and these people are doing the same things they did when you left. For whatever reason, they lack the courage to make the leap that you did and they will resent you for it. They will never understand the full meaning of what it takes to be a Ranger, so forget them and turn their sisters into hometown block-leave Rangerettes.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”