STARVATION DIET

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

First thing I noticed when I went to a recent Ranger Class graduation was that the grads looked like they had eaten too much.. not a critic of this.. but a boat load has changed since my class. Plus when I went through the course it was C rats or LRRPs. One per day or 1.5 per day if it got real cold. In the chow hall you had about 3 minutes to eat your slop. MREs seem much more filling than C Rats..well at least the new ones do.. but dont get me started on the damn LRRPs...LOL when I went through the average weight loss was probably 30-40 lbs.. all it does is add to the stress level.. the whole point is demonstating leadership under stressful conditions.. lack of food and sleep = STRESS..

JP class 6-81
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

Southoftheborder wrote:
rgrjoe175 wrote:....when I went through the average weight loss was probably 30-40 lbs....
No kidding. I lost a little more than 30lbs. My re-enlistment time came up a couple of days after I got back to the company and I had to do a PFT to submit the paperwork. We had a dumbass SSgt who was running the re-enlistments and he asked me why I was so out of shape. His specific words were something like "Whats the big deal about Ranger School? As a Marine you can't handle a little time without chow?". I immediately had a talk with the 1st Sgt and the CO about this wannabe giving the workerbees shit.....
You skinny little shit...how did you lose 30 lbs...LMMFAO..

JP :)
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”