Hi everyone

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
Post Reply
Ross9
Egg
Posts: 1
Joined: July 20th, 2025, 7:36 am

Hi everyone

Post by Ross9 »

My name's Ross. I found this forum while looking for information about the Army Rangers and figured it was worth signing up. I've been reading up on the subject for a few weeks now, but most of what I find online barely scratches the surface. There are plenty of Wikipedia pages and YouTube videos, but they tend to cover the same basic information without going into much detail. What interests me most is how Ranger units actually operate and what it takes to become part of one. I've always been drawn to light infantry units, their training, small-unit tactics, and the level of trust and teamwork required within a squad. Lately I've been trying to learn more about RASP, especially from people who have firsthand experience or have been close to the process. I'm curious about what the selection pipeline is really like, how the different phases compare, and what candidates actually face beyond the official standards and requirements. A lot of military recruiting material focuses on numbers and benchmarks, but I'm more interested in the human side of it: the preparation, the mental challenges, and the day-to-day reality of getting through the program. I'm not in the military myself, just someone who's been interested in this world for a long time and likes learning about it from people who know it firsthand. Looking forward to reading the discussions here and learning from those with real experience.
User avatar
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin
Posts: 2754
Joined: August 13th, 2003, 3:51 pm

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Disinfertention »

Ross9 wrote: June 19th, 2026, 4:15 am My name's Ross. I found this forum while looking for information about the Army Rangers and figured it was worth signing up. I've been reading up on the subject for a few weeks now, but most of what I find online barely scratches the surface. There are plenty of Wikipedia pages and YouTube videos, but they tend to cover the same basic information without going into much detail. What interests me most is how Ranger units actually operate and what it takes to become part of one. I've always been drawn to light infantry units, their training, small-unit tactics, and the level of trust and teamwork required within a squad. Lately I've been trying to learn more about RASP, especially from people who have firsthand experience or have been close to the process. I'm curious about what the selection pipeline is really like, how the different phases compare, and what candidates actually face beyond the official standards and requirements. A lot of military recruiting material focuses on numbers and benchmarks, but I'm more interested in the human side of it: the preparation, the mental challenges, and the day-to-day reality of getting through the program. I'm not in the military myself, just someone who's been interested in this world for a long time and likes learning about it from people who know it firsthand. Looking forward to reading the discussions here and learning from those with real experience.
Hey Ross. If you are still interested please DM me for an invitation to the Discord. Sorry about the delay with replying.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Post Reply

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”