Introduction - Owen

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

SLOOK
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - Owen

Post by SLOOK »

Hello everyone,
My names is Owen I have recently just enlisted with a 6 year 11X OP40 contract. My ship date is August 6th which is the earliest available ship date. I grew up playing football and wrestling through high school.
I am currently 18 years old about to graduate high school. Took the ASVAB my junior year earning an 81 AFQT and an 116 GT score.

Current Fitness Numbers:
Push Ups 2 min: 109
Hand Release Push Ups 2 min: 73
Sit Ups 2 min: 98
Pull Ups: 18
2 mile run: 12:38
5 mile run: 37:49
6 mile ruck (35lbs): 1:09:19
BlueLiner
Ranger/Admin

Re: Introduction - Owen

Post by BlueLiner »

Owen, welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

This website is a great resoruce for getting ready for RASP, and the military in general. Make sure you read the stickies, forum rules, and look into the Letters From School Thread to see what to expect on your path. Also, edit your signature line to reflect your contract/ship date so the other Rangers here know how long you have until you head to Fort Moore.

Your PT scores are exceptional, however substitude pull-ups for chin-ups, and try to get that 5 mile time below 35 minutes. If you can get your 5 mile below a 35, that will put you in a good spot when you get to Pre-RASP. Tell us more about yourself though, why do you want to be a Ranger? Why do you want to go 11x-ray? Take another diagnostic RFT (Ranger Fitness Test) in two weeks from today, and post your results now that we have a general baseline. This consists of 2 minutes of Hand-release pushups, plank for max time, 5 mile run, and chinups. Aside from this, your first task is to study the Ranger Creed, and in 2 paragraphs or more, tell us what it means to you and why.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Never Quit.
RLTW!
RASP 7-19
RS 9-20
Mentee to Ranger Slowpoke
"Get that lumber in his teeth! Let 'em know you're there!" - Reggie Dunlop
PUT ON THE FOIL!

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”