Introduction - Matthew

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Carpenter
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Matthew

Post by Carpenter »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention.

The DEP's have been very encouraging towards us on getting the contract that we want. They've been more than helpful with giving advice. We might have convinced Jack into creating an account on here, hopefully we will see his account show up soon.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

Thursday was our first time going to FST. I turned in some needed documents to the Recruiter and then we started. Essentially we didn't do much other than do a group run and go over any questions that some of the others had. The run was very lax, most of the folks there are underweight or overweight. It was funny visiting the Recruiting Station and seeing one of the people I had mentioned earlier in my intro who said that they had an 11x Option 40 contract (the one who does drugs). Of course he lied to my Brother and I, I wasn't surprised. Ironically he signed for 31B, and is also one of the people failing to make weight.

During the run which was lead by a Private, we ran about ~1.70 miles. My Brother and I were the only people to not fall out or behind. At FST you can tell that the motivation is low, it took my Brother and I to start cheering the last man on for the others to get the idea that they should too. We ran down to the local reservoir and we were the only ones who wanted to run to the top and back down. The Private wanted a race and my Brother and I both beat him to the top and back down. The Private was impressed with my Brother and I because we never quit like the others and when we finished the run we ran to the back of the pack to run with the last person and cheer them on.

After the run the Recruiters answered any questions we had and told some of their stories.

This is my busy season for work so I haven't been able to go the the gym everyday but I am still improving my scores. Looks like on Tuesday Jack will be going to the Recruiters with us, he's healed up nicely.

Looking forward to future updates.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Oh man... a guy like that being a 31B... what could go wrong!

It's a culture. Some people need to learn the military culture. Some more than others. You guys obviously have a piece of it already and you've done some military types of training, loosely, but it counts. There is a reason why this site helps young folks become Ranger's. Because it's not an accident you find it. And it takes purpose to leverage it.

Can't wait to hear how Tuesday goes.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention,

Some things came up and we've had to move the date to Friday. On the bright side the Recruiters invited Jack to FST with us. We'll see what their impressions are.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

It has been a long time since I've last posted. Today my brother and I have submitted our Eagle Scout paperwork and we will be awaiting a Board of Review. Previously our parents wouldn't allow us to sign for anything until we get our paperwork submitted. Since our paperwork has been submitted, we will be going to the recruiter's office within the coming weeks. We will not be signing anything less than an 11x Opt. 40 contract. An update on Jack, he has signed for an 11x Opt. 4 on his own. More updates coming soon.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Ranger Xray,

We are both planning on going to Ranger Regiment. I have decided on pursuing an 11x Opt. 40 contract. My brother is looking into either 11x Opt. 40 or 13F Opt. 40.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

I've been infrequent on my posting so I thought I needed to give a proper update. Because my brother and I's braces are scheduled to come off in mid-October, my recruiter asked for a letter from the orthodontist saying that our braces would come off early and that they would get an extension on the ship date so that we would still be able to have the braces off on time and get a contract. The orthodontist wouldn't write a letter and when I told the Recruiter this they completely ghosted us. Our current plan is to continue training throughout the summer into the new fiscal year and get a contract then.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Yep, that works. I wouldn't worry about the recruiting team not talking to you or keeping up... Just wait until you get closer and re-engage. You guys are a bit different as you have had the clear defined goal of joining for a fair amount of time. Don't let temporary medical things slow you down any!

Thanks for checking in. I know you've been active in the Discord group but it is always nice to have you guys post updates here too.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

It's certainly been awhile since my last update. I'm sure you all have seen that my brother C0LDY has secured an 11X contract and will be volunteering for RASP in OSUT. My process to say the least has been taking longer. In October of 2016 I fractured my clavicle which required me to have a metal plate implanted along the bone. While I have all of the paperwork from the surgery, I've continuously had to return to the center that did my work to get more papers stating that I am fully healed. Because my parents did not have me do any physical therapy, proving that I was fully healed and healthy from the surgery has been challenging. However, after my paperwork being sent back at least four or five times it was finally approved and I now have a MEPS date. On January 9-10th I will be at MEPS. I'm expecting that I will need a waiver for the reconstructive plate in my collar bone, though I've heard that they aren't always necessary. Nonetheless I have my fingers crossed and will still be pursuing an 11x Opt. 40. If I require a waiver I will be still be signing infantry and will volunteer in OSUT.

Rangers, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

I received word yesterday from my recruiter that my MEPS date has been pushed back to January 14-15. Not what I was looking to hear, but I'm still motivated and focused on that 25 meter target. I will keep you posted on any future updates.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

That sucks but a week or two compared to what you've been waiting on is nothing... It moves slow until all of a sudden it doesn't so stay ready.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23
Carpenter
Ranger

Post by Carpenter »

Rangers,

Officially, tomorrow I will be going to MEPS. Currently I have reserved an 11X contract. I was really hoping for an Opt. 40 but is seems that my past injury has disqualified me from signing with one. I will however still be allowed to volunteer for RASP in OSUT which I plan to do. If all goes well at MEPS, then my ship date will be 20200218.
2/75
RASP 05-21
RS 02-23

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”