Introduction - Veronica

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Itsronni
Future Soldier

Re: Introduction - Veronica

Post by Itsronni »

Thank you Ranger Xray and Ranger Disinfertention!
I actually misremembered my SU and run times, my SU were 67 and run was 17:44, making my score 255.
I definitely am working on that run time. I need to work on sprints and breaking that mental barrier so I can push myself harder. I love running, just bumped up my runs to 3 miles yesterday. Didn’t time it, just wanted to know I could finish it lol.
I know I could go faster but the discomfort holds me back, something I am working on. I can run through my legs hurting like crazg but once I start feeling like I’m about to throw up I stop, which is something I know I’ll eventually be able to run through. Once I realize my body can take much, much more than I give it credit for, I know I’ll be able to crush the runs. Just got to get rid of the fear first.
68W in training
Graduation date: 14DEC2018
“We’re not killers, we’re not murderers, we take what must be taken.”
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Yep, great way to look at it. Running has a lot of mental stuff to it. Getting out the door is sometimes the hardest part. Find a schedule, follow it. You'll be awesome.

Sorry it took a few days to reply. Less than a month away. What else besides PT are you doing to prepare yourself?
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Ranger Disinfertention,
It’ll be three weeks this Tuesday, I’m counting down the days haha.
My 1SG gave me the Warrior Skills handbook and I’ve been reading it thoroughly. He also gave me land nav supplies and other STPs to study.
I’ve also completed the Future Soldier training program online so hopefully I’ll be able to make E3. Lots of studying on drills, traditions, and first aid. Also memorized the Soldier’s Creed, Warrior Ethos, Army Values, General Orders and the rank system.
I also go to Future Soldier Training every Thursday which is mainly PT but we do formations as well. I love the formations, especially the sound of all of us snapping to attention lol. I’m trying to learn as much as I can before I go so I’m not cramming everything when I’m hungry, sleep deprived and getting screamed at by DSs.
68W in training
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

To your last statement, try to have some fun before you leave. You'll have plenty of time to wake up early, eat little, and have someone tell you what to do all day. Enjoy some freedom before you volunteer to give it away.

What do you need to do to earn PFC before you go besides study the things mentioned? A test? I guess I'm not very familiar with it anymore.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention,
I spent all of yesterday in my room playing Minecraft with my little sister, so I’m definitely enjoying myself before I go haha. Also planning a BBQ going away party and Six Flags trip, so I’m getting all my fun time in. Just studying here and there so I don’t burn out before I even get to basic.
Well, I’ll be making E2 in a couple weeks once my credits go through, so I believe all I have to do is do the FST program and pass the APFT. I could be wrong, though, since you might have to recruit another person to make PFC. I tried to get two of my friends in but it fell through, all of my other friends aren’t exactly Army material.
68W in training
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Roger Ranger Lunch and thank you for the advice!
Today, it is exactly two weeks from my ship date, so I figured it would be a good day for a SITREP.
I’ve added sprints into my workouts to bump my run time up as much as I can before I go, and have been studying my Warrior Skills handbook a bit.
I’ve been making sure to spend a lot of time with my family too and relaxing before I go. I actually just got back from Florida yesterday, as I spent the weekend with my grandparents and aunt down there.
Besides that, it’s been pretty slow around here. I can’t wait to ship out and finally shake things up lol.
68W in training
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Nice update, Veronica. Sounds like you are in a great spot before you go. Keep it casual and ensure you start a Letters from School post once you get to MEPs or whenever you have the chance once you do ship!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention, will do!
68W in training
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Rangers,
One week left to go. Not much has changed since my last SITREP. Still taking it easy over here, but honestly getting more nervous as my ship date draws near. I know I’ll do just fine, though.
I ended up getting some shin splints from doing sprint workouts so I’m not running until I get to basic. They’re not that bad, but I don’t want to risk hurting myself before or during basic. I’m still keeping up with my PUs and SUs, though, and a bunch of flutterkicks throughout the day.
Hope all of you Rangers had a safe Memorial Day weekend!
68W in training
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Try to research some stuff on shin splints while you can. I've never understood what they actually are or how to "cure" them. Warming up correctly and doing moving prep always seemed to be a good idea though.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Roger Ranger Disinfertention.
I’ve been stretching them and using a deep tissue roller so they’re healing up.
I didn’t do any warmups before the sprints nor stretched enough after, so that probably led to why they’re bothering me now. At least I should be good to go before my first run at basic.
68W in training
Itsronni
Future Soldier

Post by Itsronni »

Roger Ranger Lunch, thank you I will try that!
68W in training

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”