Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

MPC
Tadpole

Intro

Post by MPC »

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Senior in high school, currently in the DEP with an 11X Option 40 contract. Fucked it up the first time I tried for the contract but got squared away and was able to get one. Shipping out June, 15 2004. Will likely just lurk, already checked out most of the site prior to registering. Pretty much every question I can imagine asking has been answered here or on SOCNET, plan to stay busy getting ready physically. Thanks to all the BTDTs that are willing to provide guidance to us.

Mike
Carboned114
Tadpole

Post by Carboned114 »

Welcome Mike
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board MPC. Glad to see you have reading and comprehension skills.

Now how mad did that Recruiter get when you renogotiated your contract?

RLTW
Bell
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Well Jesus-Christ-Superstar on a Fucking Crutch!
Finally, a DEP who READ before he signed on to the site and had most of his questions answered. Welcome! Now if you can get most of your DEP pals to go along with your program of researching before questioning, all will be right in the world. We'll hold you to your word. No stupid questions coming from you. Search first, if you don't find it, go to the appropriate forum and then ask the question. Good Luck!
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

How in the hell are we supposed to cyle through all our old ammo when we replace it with new ammo? Hopefully this will not be a trend or we could get a bit rusty.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I think we can still clear the war pallets with a spend-ex on Recruit21.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

This one sounds like he MAY have his shit together. You're off to a good start MPC, welcome aboard.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

Thank you for the welcome Rangers and TooYoung.

Nice to see a familiar name Ranger Bell, recognized a few other Rangers from SOCNET as well.

My recruiter didn't have a problem with it but he wasn't overly supportive. He's a good guy but pretty busy I imagine so it basically became my job to find a Ranger contract. I just contacted the counselor I had met with at MEPS twice a week or so for around two months. It wasn't necessary to completely renogiate the contract because I had already enlisted as an 11X, was just a matter of waiting and finding an available Option 40. Apparently you can change some things on the contract without having to renogiate, the major exceptions being MOS and the ship date.

After two months of contacting this counselor I was starting to get worried, then one day I'm sitting on my ass at home and get a phone call saying there was an Option 40 available. Not too bad compared to what some others have had to go through to get a shot at RIP.

Mike

Return to “Introduction Archive”