Introduction Ricky

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

rwass0401
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction Ricky

Post by rwass0401 »

Hey guys my name is Ricky and I'm 18 years old. I enlisted with an 11x option 40 contract. I've always wanted to be a ranger since like the 8th grade. I ship out this June and would like some advice on Rasp. Here are my scores physically.

2 mile run- 11:58
Push-ups- 83
Sit-ups- 87
Pullups- 18
5mile run- 33:10

I want to be in the best shape I can be within a couple months. Also any advice with workouts I should be doing. I also heard you need to know Ranger History since you get a test on it? I don't know about that. But I know the Rangers Creed like back of my hand. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction Ricky

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Ricky, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top left of this page in the Quick Links is your friend. I see you have posted an AFPT score; this will provide you with a baseline to build on. Check your PMs. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

rwass0401 wrote:Hey guys my name is Ricky and I'm 18 years old. I enlisted with an 11x option 40 contract. I've always wanted to be a ranger since like the 8th grade. I ship out this June and would like some advice on Rasp. Here are my scores physically.

2 mile run- 11:58
Push-ups- 83
Sit-ups- 87
Pullups- 18
5mile run- 33:10

I want to be in the best shape I can be within a couple months. Also any advice with workouts I should be doing. I also heard you need to know Ranger History since you get a test on it? I don't know about that. But I know the Rangers Creed like back of my hand. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Few things, first, we are not "hey guys" or "you guys", we are Rangers. Notice how I capitalized the title.

It is RASP, no Rasp. Attention to detail will get you a lot farther in the army than not.

Who scored your PT test? I guarantee you that those numbers will drop dramatically when you see a RASP Instructor so don't get comfortable with that score.

Lastly since you know the Ranger Creed like the back of your hand you should know that it's not the Rangers Creed, but the Ranger Creed. Yes it matters, more so when you claim to know it so well.

So speaking of that, what exactly does the Creed mean to you as an individual. 250 words or less will suffice.

Welcome.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Hey Ricky, welcome to the site. Congratulations on securing an Opt 40 contract. That's not always easy to do. Ranger Jim and Ranger Cams look to be getting you well oriented and onto target here. Remember, you came to us. Anything worth doing in life is worth hard work. Have thick skin.

One thing to bring up twice is the search option. Search first, then search again, then maybe try a bit of Google. Can't resolve it? Come back to us. We're here to help. Sometimes you can be helped by first helping yourself.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
rwass0401
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by rwass0401 »

Thank you Rangers for the advice. I will now start on my tasks. Also Ranger Cam, my recruiter graded our APFT.

But I will get to work on my tasks. Thank you for the advice Rangers. I am honored to talk to men like you!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Fix your sigline. Then do push ups.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

5 days have come and gone. You haven't replied to the Ranger Creed request I asked for or fixed your sigline, which is a soup sandwich.

Too much for you to do already?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ricky.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

xray wrote: April 24th, 2017, 1:45 pm Cams, some come and go, doesn't look like this is the life for him.
They're pretty easy to pick out of the crowd.
It ain't for everybody, that's a hard, fast lesson we all learned.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ricky,
a. Fix your signature line.
b. Get to work on your task-list.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
rwass0401
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by rwass0401 »

Just finished OSUT and headed to Airborne school on the 13th! Then headed to Rasp, in early November! Just using these comments as fuel to train harder and to get through Rasp! PT score in basic was a 316, I know that doesn't mean shit, but it's a start! Working on getting better and stronger everyday to get through Pre Rasp and Rasp! Want nothing less than to be in the regiment with my buddy who also got an OP40 with me. Just giving an update of how I'm doing
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Well done and keep driving on. Share your experiences with the other DEPs here, knowledge is power.
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Not impressed. He was given multiple tasks to complete months ago and ignored them, he's special.

Reading his last post it's clear he still has no attention to detail even after OSUT, that or he just doesn't care enough to make a solid impression.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”