Introduction Parent

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
patrickdad
Egg

Introduction Parent

Post by patrickdad »

Good afternoon... I have been on this site for a bit trying to learn as much as I can. My son graduates RASP next Friday.... (knock on wood), so I thought I would finally make my introduction. My son has wanted to be an Army Ranger since he was very young. I have never served, although, all my Uncles, and Father did (Vietnam). As well as most my cousins and brother (Iraq and Afghanistan). My son graduated with honors and was initially going to apply to West Point, but decided to come to us and ask us for our blessing in enlisting instead. So, he spent the last 18 years doing everything we asked, how could we not. He enlisted with an 11b option 40 contract and never looked back.

Thank all of you for your sacrifice and service. I have watched on these forums as you have mentored young men and it is truly inspiring to me. I have met former Rangers in the civilian world and when they heard that my son was at RASP, they alway lit up and said the same thing... "tell him to never quit"... Seems to be the mantra. Anyway, I have leaned that it is indeed a very special brotherhood just from those few interactions.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Introduction Parent

Post by centermass »

Congrats to your son on what will become one of the most changing moments in his life, he will ever experience.

Thank you for raising a warrior Dad.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

RLTW!
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
patrickdad
Egg

Post by patrickdad »

Rangers, I just heard from son, they found out where they are going after graduation. He will be staying at Ft. Benning with the 3/75. He is very happy and excited. Just thought I would pass that on. He said they classed up with 141 and will be graduating 31.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

patrickdad wrote:Rangers, I just heard from son, they found out where they are going after graduation. He will be staying at Ft. Benning with the 3/75. He is very happy and excited. Just thought I would pass that on. He said they classed up with 141 and will be graduating 31.
Good to see that the high standards of RASP are being enforced. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

patrickdad wrote:Rangers, I just heard from son, they found out where they are going after graduation. He will be staying at Ft. Benning with the 3/75. He is very happy and excited. Just thought I would pass that on. He said they classed up with 141 and will be graduating 31.
Great news. And welcome to our site. If you think of it, mention this site to your son if it seems right to do so. Tell him to come hang out with some of us and tell us stories of Cole Range. 8)

3/75 is a great Battalion and a good place for a young Ranger to grow up. Not the best battalion though! :twisted: :twisted:
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome, and tell your son we are all proud of him, as you should be. We know what he went through and trust me, it is not something that most people could do. He's a Ranger now, part of a Brotherhood that extends to the Revolutionary War. No matter what he does in this life, he will always remember this. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

Congrats on raising a great man! Let him know the real trials start now. Getting in is one thing, staying is the hard part.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”