Introduction Peakbagger

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction Peakbagger

Post by cams »

I don't know how much research you actually did here, but it sounds like you got played by your recruiters.

You should've realized by now that they are not your friends, no matter how friendly or helpful they act towards you, they have one goal, and that is to fill what THEY need filled for that quarter, with as minimal add-ons possible.

I'd seriously look at re-negotiating your contract if it's still possible.

Recruiters always say how easy it is to get this and that during OSUT after you've signed up for what they need, fully knowing that it's not true.

Should've waited and demanded politely that your contract is what you wanted, and if they can't (won't) get it done, go to another recruiting office.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but this has been covered here hundreds of times.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Roger Ranger Cams. I will see what I can do.
11X opt40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Peakbagger wrote:Roger Ranger Cams. I will see what I can do.
Abe, In the meantime, I have upgraded you to Future Soldier. Please upgrade your signature. Start reading the letters from school thread and prepare yourself for OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Roger Ranger Jim.
11X opt40
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Rangers,
My recruiters are saying there is no possible way to have an option 40 added into my contract. Apparently I was not authorized to take an airborne physical because of my medical waiver. The MEPS doctor for some reason still gave me one, which made it possible for my recruiter to reserve an option 40. Then when I went to MEPS last week to finally enlist, somebody noticed the error and retracted my option 40 contract.

I believe there are people on this forum who still managed to get an option 40 in their contract despite medical waivers. I was told by the Army Liaisons that it is MEPS policy that a recruit cannot get an airborne/ranger contract if they have a medical waiver.

Ranger Cams is probably right, I've been played by my recruiter/liaisons. Either way, 11X is what I signed, and it is now up to me to make the best of my situation.
11X opt40
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Updated APFT 20170121
PU: 83
SU: 85
2-Mile: 13:07
Pullups: 17
5-Mile: 36:24
11X opt40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Abe, as soon as you arrive at OSUT, point out to your drill sergeant that you have completed the ABN physical. That may help you get BAC. Also point out to whoever you can that you want to get RASP. As you can see in the letters from school thread. a good number of our future soldiers get selected for RASP following OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Roger Ranger Jim. Thank you for the advice.
11X opt40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Peakbagger wrote:Roger Ranger Jim. Thank you for the advice.
Abe, you are about a month away from shipping out to OSUT. Do you feel prepared? What questions do you have for us? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Ranger Jim,
Yes sir I believe that I am prepared. I have a GT score of 123 and my APFT is 7 seconds shy of a 300. By the end of OSUT I will be scoring well beyond a 300. I am incredibly excited to finally get my Army career underway.

I am going to do everything I can to obtain an option 40 in OSUT. I plan on standing out in every graded event I can. Not just meeting the standard, but competing for a top score. I have been rehearsing the creeds, doing the online future soldier training, studying Ranger history, and reading through the Ranger Handbook aswell (most of it is way over my head at this time). My dad and I set up a range and I have been target shooting with a beretta 9mm and .22 rifle, working on breath control and reducing trigger torque.

I am hesistant to ask questions because the important ones have already been answered on this forum. I think I have a good grasp on what needs to be done in order for me to pickup a Ranger slot during OSUT, however I would be gracious for any additional advice that you feel has not been covered elsewhere.

In my opinion the value of this forum is not simply answering questions and mentorship. It's that I have people outside my family who are expecting me to succeed and whom I do not want to and will not disappoint.
11X opt40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Abe, don't forget to open a SITREP in the letters from school thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Peakbagger
Ranger

Post by Peakbagger »

Roger that Ranger Jim.
11X opt40
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Peakbagger wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim.
Abe, we look forward to seeing your progress in OSUT. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”