Introduction - Collin

IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
IF you are a Ranger or are serving/have served in the Armed Forces, please include your dates of service, unit(s) and additional info. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.
cstoffel
Egg

Introduction - Collin

Post by cstoffel »

Good Morning from Japan,

My name is Collin I'm currently a Petty Officer Second Class (E5) in the United States Navy as a B640 (Master at Arms) stationed in Japan. I've been in about 2 and 1/2 years and will be separating on DEC18. That same month I will be graduating with a Bachelor's Degree in Data Analytics from Arizona State University and as long as everything stays consistent I will be graduating with a 4.0 GPA. I have a beautiful wife and two daughter's who I absolutely adore and am incredibly blessed to have. Some of my more regular hobbies include Bouldering/ Rock climbing, Triathlons, and traveling with my family. I fully intend on putting together an OCS package with the eventual goal to attend RASP II and upon completion report directly to a Platoon, which from what I've read is near impossible. But, I love the challenge. I'm looking to gather as much data as possible in order to make the most informed decisions I can. Mainly with respects to the Officer MOS's the Regiment is accepting and what would be the fastest way to attain a slot at RASP II. Thank you for all your help in advance, greatly appreciative of any input someone may have.

Collin
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Collin

Post by Jim »

If you are interested in joining the 75th Ranger Regiment, you will find this link helpful:

http://www.benning.army.mil/tenant/75thranger/
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Collin.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
cstoffel
Egg

Post by cstoffel »

Do I need to access this link from a mil workstation because the link isn't working on my personal computer?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

cstoffel wrote:Do I need to access this link from a mil workstation because the link isn't working on my personal computer?
Welcome. That should be a public link but it won't load for me either. Suggest they are just having some technicals difficulties and to check it later.

As for getting into Regiment as an officer your chances are very slim as the number of slots are so few.

You'd stand a much better chance of going into Regiment as an enlisted Joe, doing some time there and then going Green to Gold or similar route. You'll have already proven yourself, made the right connections and gotten your name out there.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cstoffel
Egg

Post by cstoffel »

Ranger Cam,

The agreement with the wife is I can stay in the military, only as an Officer. It gives her slightly more peace knowing the field I want to pursue.

In a perfect world if an Officer graduates at the top of his class, in RASP II, is there a slot or two available for these type of men?
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Understanding there has to be give and take in a marriage, I would not a woman, any woman, dictate what my career path is going to be. That's not compromise, it's dictating.

There are several well respected Ranger Officers here that will know that route better than me, but keep in mind that unless it has changed, officers only do two years in a Battalion and then are sent world wide to suit the needs of the army.

You may come back years later as a higher ranking officer, attend RASP II again, do another two years and get sent to Korea, Alaska etc for several more years.

Your mileage may vary but check it out and good luck.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Collin, Please let us know if you have specific questions. I was a SSG(E-6) who went to OCS and retired as an LTC. Life is good. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents”