Introduction - Josh

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Josh

Post by Jim »

Josh550 wrote:Hi, my name is Josh, I'm 19 years old, have graduated high school with some college and decided i wanted yo do something more.

I will enlist on May 31, 2016. I have a 35M Contract with option 40. I ship out for basic on June 14, 2016. I'm looking forward to being a member here and learning from all of your experiences.
Please post another note on this thread when you have taken your oath. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

I took my oath today. My PT baseline is 58 sit ups 62 push ups and 38:00 on the 5 mile.
Josh556
Embryo

Intro - Josh

Post by Josh556 »

I am currently in AIT in AZ. I graduated basic from Fort Jackson with A Co 3/34. I will be graduating AIT in January and heading to Fort Benning for Airborne and RASP after that. Im looking forward to learning from all of you and joining you soon.
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: Intro - Josh

Post by centermass »

Josh556 wrote:I am currently in AIT in AZ. I graduated basic from Fort Jackson with A Co 3/34. I will be graduating AIT in January and heading to Fort Benning for Airborne and RASP after that. Im looking forward to learning from all of you and joining you soon.
**THREADS MERGED**

Josh:

Do not post another introduction.

Keep it here or post future updates in the "Letters From School" thread.

Congrats on your progress and keep us posted.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

Thank you. I couldnt log in with the original account and thought this intro was gone.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Josh556 wrote:Thank you. I couldnt log in with the original account and thought this intro was gone.
Who are you talking to? You haven't once addressed these Rangers properly.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

Sorry about that Rangers. After reading the rules I was of the understanding titles were not required to be used by active duty service members. Although that is no excuse, each and every one of you have earned my respect and deserve the title.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

If you are addressing someone on this site who is a veteran in the US Armed Forces, treat them with the respect they are due, as someone who has given of themselves to protect our nation. Even more so if the person is a Ranger - in fact - unless you are an active duty servicemember or veteran, you will address them as 'Ranger' prior to writing their username, such as 'Ranger Saltbitch' or 'Ranger ABell9', etc... New members who show contempt or disrespect for Rangers on this site are quickly banned.
Copied from the introduction FAQ. Perhaps we need to revise this. You are a trainee. Ranger Cams is a veteran of the Invasion of Panama. My signature says a lot. I was a Ranger Advisor, but when I went to the Ranger Course, I never called any of the Ranger cadre who served with me anything other than Ranger. As an example, when I was injured in Mountain phase, MSG Almo Mercier, who served with me in IV Vietnamese Ranger Group, had to counsel me, and send me to Martin Army Hospital. He told me that he expected me to heal and return with the next class. My response was "Ranger Mercier, I will be back'" Not, "Almo, you know I will be back>" Accordingly, until you finish training, it is Ranger Cams or Ranger Jim.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

Roger, Ranger Jim. I hope it is clear that I mean no disrespect. I would like to appologize to you both for my ignorance Rangers.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

That was my point exactly, you're still in training and as such still have a lot to learn.

It's not to feed our ego's by any means, but a training tool to keep you up on military courtesy and save you some smoke from the cadre.

No apologies needed young man, I appreciate your response about reading the rules and regs and understand the confusion. Carry on.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Josh, please let us know how AIT is progressing and what you are doing to prepare yourself for BAC and RASP. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

Rangers, AIT is going great. I had same issues with shin splints/compartment syndrome. They arent sure which yet. My run time has suffered drastically since arrival. I have been hitting the weightroom or doing bodyweight exercises nightly. Thank you for the support Rangers!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Josh556 wrote:Rangers, AIT is going great. I had same issues with shin splints/compartment syndrome. They arent sure which yet. My run time has suffered drastically since arrival. I have been hitting the weightroom or doing bodyweight exercises nightly. Thank you for the support Rangers!
Minor setback. Please keep us updated and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Josh556
Embryo

Post by Josh556 »

Rangers, I have started the THOR3 program and was wondering what you thought about this. Is there a better program? Is it a good one?

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”