Introduction

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

hamazing
Egg

Introduction

Post by hamazing »

Hello All,

My Name is Doug, I am a 24 year old Canadian who's uncle was a Ranger in Vietnam.

I have lived in Canada my entire life and am currently a Permanent Employee with the Canadian Department of National Defense.

I was hoping to access some posts about my uncle, in hopes of sharing them with him and my aunt. Most posts seem to be "Mojo Level 1", which I am un-authorized to see. Is there any way for me to solve this?

On another note, the posts I am able to access are all by Ranger Hobbit. What led me to this search is this article my Aunt shared with me : http://news.nationalpost.com/features/t ... nadian-vet

The man the article is about, I believe, is the Man who went by "hobbit" on this website.

Most of the posts I am able to see seem to be by him and I would love to share them with my uncle.

One for example, Ranger hobbit shared the following quote about my uncle -

"Staff Sergeant David Hazelton was the quintessential warrior; the finest combat leader I've ever known."--Lieutenant General David Ohle, US Army retired (former CO, L Company Ranger, Vietnam & former US Army Chief of Personnel, Pentagon).

I would love to share these things with him.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Jim »

Hobbit has not been here been November of last year. Why don't you invite your your father to come on here?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hamazing
Egg

Post by hamazing »

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the reply. If you take a look at the article you will see why, sadly, Hobbit is no longer with us. I thought it would be nice to show my Uncle some of the things Hobbit had said about him, since his online activity was referenced in the article, and all that they went through together (reference the article for some example).

I do however, understand if accessing the Mojo Level 1 is not possible.

Thanks for your help!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

hamazing wrote:Hello Jim,

Thank you for the reply. If you take a look at the article you will see why, sadly, Hobbit is no longer with us. I thought it would be nice to show my Uncle some of the things Hobbit had said about him, since his online activity was referenced in the article, and all that they went through together (reference the article for some example).

I do however, understand if accessing the Mojo Level 1 is not possible.

Thanks for your help!
There are 12 total references to David Hazelton. 2 of them are yours, 1 is from Hobbit, and the rest are references to Hobbit's comment. So in fact, you have seen the only real reference to David Hazelton.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Unfortunately,

He passed away back in December, last year.

Here's something that may be of interest to you and others as well.

http://vietnamveterannews.com/583-a-can ... vet-story/
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”