Introduction - Xavier

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
Embryo

Introduction - Xavier

Post by Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 »

Hello, my name is Xavier, I'm 18 years old and have graduated high school this year.

Ever since I was a child, I knew I wanted to be a part of an elite warrior class, and I had decided based on my wants and goals that the US Army Rangers were the way to go. I have not yet enlisted, the reason being I was under the impression that one had to achieve a 260 apft score, a sub 40 min 5 mile run, and sub 3 hour ruck before even enlisting . I have an appointment with my recruiter tomorrow to give him my medical release papers and start the enlistment process. He said option 40 contracts are hard to come by this time of year, but he thinks he can get me one from his First Sgt based on my ASVAB score. I will only be enlisting was an 11x with an option 40, and will be doing so as soon as possible. My training program is a modified version of the Pre-Ranger Success Guide.

Push-ups: 68
Sit-ups: 64
Pull-ups: 12
2 mile run: 13:18
APFT Score: 260/300 (not satisfied)

Thank you Rangers for helping those like me to achieve their dreams of joining the Regiment and thank you to anyone else who helps keep this extremely useful site running.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Introduction - Xavier

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Xavier.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Xavier. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger? You have established a PT baseline to build on, so we look forward to improved APFT scores. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Embryo

Thank you Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, and thank you Ranger Jim. I'm from the panhandle of Texas, a place where roughness is welcomed and political correctness is non-existent. I've been involved in contact sports my whole life, namely football. My junior year of high school I tore my left rotator cuff and labrum in a freak hit and had surgery on it, and the next year the exact same happened to my right rotator cuff and labrum. Besides these minor setbacks, I've been active my whole life and believe the ability to be very physically fit is something most people take for granted. I want to be a Ranger because it would allow me to be part of something much bigger than myself, to fight for what I believe is right, and to be part of an elite brotherhood. Also, something about being a top-of-the-line warrior entices me greatly. Another thing, I miscalculated my APFT score, it was a 270/300 (still not satisfied).
Embryo

Dear Rangers,
I had my meeting with the recruiter today. I was given the standard paperwork where I list my references and past injuries. I also set up an appointment with him on Monday to go over the paperwork and hopefully schedule my trip to MEPS. Other than that, training is going good.
Embryo

Thank you Ranger ManchuV, I'm honored to be here.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 wrote: I also set up an appointment with him on Monday to go over the paperwork and hopefully schedule my trip to MEPS.
Let us know how your meeting went. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Embryo

Yes Sir Ranger Jim,
Everything at the recruiting station went good. I signed a series of papers allowing my medical records to be shipped off and reviewed by doctors. The recruiter told me if my previous surgeries required a waiver, that would disqualify me from receiving an option 40 contract, but I have faith no waiver will be required. Other than that, training is going good.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Xavier, any new developments? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Embryo

No Sir, Ranger Jim, not as of yet. My recruiter said he will get a response back from the doctors in around 4 to 5 days. Other than that, I've hit a minor speed bump in my training in the form of a torn lower abdominal muscle due to me having improper form trying to go as fast as possible during the sit up portion of a self administered APFT. It was a minor tear, though, and come the next few days should be healed up enough to resume intensive training.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Allow yourself enough time to fully heal. You cannot improve your training if you keep injuring yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Embryo

Yes Sir, Ranger Jim; thank you.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”