Introduction - Jake

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Lima860
Egg

Introduction - Jake

Post by Lima860 »

Hey, my name is Jake, I'm twenty-one and I am working part time at a hardware store to fund my hobbies, such as being young and dumb and obstacle races like Spartan and Tough Mudder.

As any of you guys at Benning know, there was a Spartan Sprint there and a special operations tent was set up etc. Seeing those guys in uniform reignited my desire to join the military and I would like to do so as an Army Ranger.
I spent my childhood dreaming of enlisting in the army and making it a career, while in my early teens I read every book I could get my hands on about military service. However when I graduated high school I was 6'2 and 145 lbs soaking wet, which is great for running long distances but God help me if I had to carry a loaded ruck or a buddy..

So I tried college and hated it. Got a job that scheduled me thru my classes so I dropped school in favor of working full time and making money. Tried school again year later because civilian life with no degree is pretty much worthless according to my pops. Still hate school.

I want to be around people who are motivated and do everything 100% I'm tired of watching people doing the bare minimum and squeaking by, chanting "C's get degrees!" Or "I'm hourly screw it." and of course "It's not my job."

Anyways, thanks for this awesome site, I've lurked for a lot of years and it's cool to finally start posting here and hopefully get started on the path to becoming one of you guys.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction - Jake

Post by cams »

If you've been lurking for a lot of years as you state then you should goddamn well know enough not to address the Rangers here as "you guys" or start any statement towards them with "Hey..."

Your sole reason for being here if you want to be a Ranger is to listen, learn and show that you're worthy of the chance to make it, not to act like we're old friends.

Fix yourself quickly. Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Welcome Jake, If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Within the next 72 hours, please self administer a PT test and post the results on this thread. Have you contacted a recruiter? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Jake.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Lima860
Egg

Post by Lima860 »

Ranger Cams,

I apologize for referring to the Rangers stationed at Fort Benning as "You guys" and it will not happen again.

As to starting off with "Hey..." I looked at the introduction guidelines and copied it's example of Mike very closely, the difference being his introduction began with "Hi..." But again I apologize for any disrespect to you and the Rangers of this forum.

Ranger Jim,

I have not yet spoken to a recruiter as I would like to get myself into better shape more befitting someone aspiring to enlist with an option 40. I will administer the PT test tomorrow and be back here with the results ASAP.

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV,

Thanks for the warm welcome! It's good to be here.
Lima860
Egg

Post by Lima860 »

Ranger Jim,

Here are the results of my PT test,

Push-ups: 43

Sit-ups: 61

2 Mile Run: 16:08

What kind of time should I be striving for in a two mile run? Sub 12 minutes?
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lima860 wrote:Ranger Jim,

Here are the results of my PT test,

Push-ups: 43

Sit-ups: 61

2 Mile Run: 16:08

What kind of time should I be striving for in a two mile run? Sub 12 minutes?
1. Add pull-ups to your routine.
2. Look up the APFT Standards for your age group.
Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Lima860
Egg

Post by Lima860 »

Roger that Ranger Jim!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Lima860 wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim!
Jake, Anything new? Have you met with an Army recruiter?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

Lima860 wrote:What kind of time should I be striving for in a two mile run? Sub 12 minutes?
Look up a PT score chart, find your age, then look at what it takes to max each event. That's all their is to it, honestly.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”