Introduction-Juan

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction-Juan

Post by cams »

Good. I'll accept that. It's not to break your balls, I understand you're brand new, it's to wake you up a little as to what's in store for you should you continue the process.

If you end up overseas somewhere the information that you'll pass on could mean that you live, or die. Exact details and how you pass them on are very important. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, don't be on the receiving end of bad information, which could be one letter or number off its mark, and God help you if it gets your Brothers get killed because you were sloppy with details. Take the extra time to make sure it's good, it will only help you.

Keep running, keep pushing yourself harder every day if you really wants this.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Juan, a week has passed. Post an AFPT results every two weeks on this thread. Please add pull ups to your results. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ricanman wrote: I am researching good shoes to purchase and stretching anally aswell
I have no words.

Remember that 'ole little attention to detail thing we may have spoken about??

I hesitate to even say this, but after the above post, which was littered with in-attention to detail still, you best unfuck yourself quickly.

The pain is from shin splints. Research them in detail, and then post here in under 400 words what exactly they are and what you will do to correct them for your PT.

Do not copy and paste, believe me you need the practice writing. Also post a link or links to your source at the end of your homework.

You have 72 hours to comply. If done properly it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours to research and a couple more to post it up in a detailed and legible fashion.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Information shown isn't bad. Written better than anything else you've posted to date, tells me you may actually be trainable.

How many words and what was the standard I set for you?

Why didn't you double check your other posting in the APFT section and then follow those instructions?

All of these things should be lessons to you, situational awareness, attention to detail, self checking, self caring, self learning. The list goes on.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Juan. If you heed the words of instruction given to you, it will help you immensely. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ricanman wrote:I have re-tested my APFT scores and am only getting ever so more better at my scores.
2:00 Mile Run: 16:58
Pushups: 64
Sit-Ups: 51

I am getting very good at push-ups and with corrections on my running form have gotten much better results overall. I also have a separate PT regimen I created taking parts from the Ranger Athlete Warrior program and RASP training plan from Benning's website. So far these all combined I have seen a lot of increases in endurance and strength.
How about answering my fucking questions newb.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ricanman wrote:Ranger Cams you stated to construct a short response under 400 words stating what shin splits are and what I could do to correct them for PT. As for the posting in the APFT section that was my fault as I rushed to ask questions on something I already posted a thread on ignoring the fact I already asked my question.
I know exactly what I said, you still haven't answered the question as to how many words you wrote and why the standard I set for you wasn't met.

Following simple instructions can make or break you. If you can't even do that how will you follow up when given a difficult task and you're put in charge? See what I'm saying here.

Now I don't normally take this much time into helping newbs, but since I saw you struggling right out of the gate I figured I'd give you a hand.

I expect as much effort in return from you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”