Introduction-Connor

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

rangerjd
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Connor

Post by rangerjd »

Great SITREP and congratulations, you worked hard to get here. Remember, Always lead from the front, listen to your NCOs and be the leader you would want to follow. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW

PS; stay in touch, we would love to follow you progression through the military.
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

rangertough wrote:
Listen to your PSG...but make your own decisions.

Get to know your men like they were family...but don't coddle them. Learn their names fast, schedule a one-on-one with each man as you can. You may find skillsets you never knew you had access to and leadership potentials as well.

Admit when you're wrong in front of your people. Being wrong isn't a weakness it's part of your learning process. Your men will respect you and trust you more if you show humility and a willingness to improve and learn. Doing this will also allow your subordinate leaders to feel they can make mistakes and learn from them as well.

Write your Squad Leaders NCOER's with your PSG's input, don't let anyone tell you the SL's work for the PSG. The SL's report to you in the fight not the PSG. Write your PSG's NCOER with advice from your CO (and hopefully the 1SG will throw in his two-bits as well).

There's no such thing as "NCO Buisness" it's PLATOON Buisness and you must be aware of what's going on. Let your NCO's handle it at the lowest levels, but be aware of it.

Good luck and welcome to the hardest and most rewarding job you'll ever have.
It took me a while to locate this quote. It is from one of our members, and it is a few years old -- but I think it is important that you read and heed it.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ShutUpnPT wrote:Graduated IBOLC last week, ended up third in my platoon. Heading to Ranger School late July, and doing everything I can to prepare before then. If anyone is interested, females are classing up with the next iteration of IBOLC, which starts on Monday.
Connor, please let us know how Ranger School is going on a regular basis. Never, Never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Congratulations Sir.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ShutUpnPT wrote:Graduate from Ranger School tomorrow, ended up going straight through; definitely an experience I will never forget.
Three hundred twenty Soldiers began training with Class 09-16 on 18 July. One hundred twenty three Rangers will graduate at 1100 hours, 23 September at Hurley Hill. Fifty-three Rangers (16%) are first time “Go’s” completing the course without recycle. Seventy Soldiers were recycled into the class during the Mountain and Florida phase of training.

The Officer Leadership Award recipient is RGR (1LT) Bryan Carrol. The Enlisted Leadership Award recipient is SSG Francisco Rios-Maldonado from the 82d Airborne Division. There are 71 Officer graduates and 52 enlisted graduates.
Included in the class are four international Rangers, one from Mexico, one from Lebanon, one from Liberia, and one from Lithuania. One Marine and one Air Force Ranger and seven Rangers from the National Guard are among the graduates.
Is this the class you graduated with?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ShutUpnPT wrote:Yeah that was my class, the Liberian soldier was in my squad as well.
Interesting. Do you have a follow-on assignment?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”