Introduction-Luke

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

lukey
BANNED

Re: Introduction-Luke

Post by lukey »

centermass wrote: I told you in my earlier post "Not to waste their time."

Attention to detail. It will save your life, and more importantly, the lives of others.

Start paying attention to it from this day forward, in everything you do. Whether it's your spelling and grammar here on the site, to your everyday life.

Make it a habit. Check, check and re check.

I'll do you a favor. Want a glimpse as to why the length? Read: viewtopic.php?p=735748#p735748
Roger, Ranger Centermass. Thank you for the link.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

All right, Luke. You have been here several days. Please tell us in a few words what you have learned about being a Ranger. Also, what is your report date to enter active duty?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
lukey
BANNED

Post by lukey »

Ranger Jim, I'd first like to admit I haven't been entirely truthful. I stated I have already enlisted in the DEP as a 68W Option 40 recruit, but the truth is I'm going to MEPS next Friday to enlist. After reading everything I could on the site about Ranger Medics I have decided that path isn't for me, and I shall instead be going for an 11X Option 40 contract. My recruiter said getting an Option 40 for me should not be a problem at all since it is a year in advance, so I thought I may as well post on here that I have already received my 68W Option 40 which I originally intended on getting. I am sorry for not being truthful right away, and I hope you will forgive me when I return with my 11X Option 40 contract next week.

With that being said, I have learned so far that Rangers are silent professionals who take pride in the high espirit de corps of their unit. Rangers are soldiers who go above and beyond the call of duty for the same paycheck everyone else in the Armed Forces receives. Overworked, underpaid, but proud to serve amongst the greatest soldiers in the Army.I have learned being a Ranger is not a job, it is a way of life and if I want to stand amongst you I must adapt and improve myself over the course of the year I have to prepare.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Lukey, when you registered on ArmyRanger.com we greeted you as a prospective young Ranger brother ready to take you under our wing/mentorship. Only To tell us you weren't truthful (in your post above mine).
Not good lukey, definitely not acceptable. WAY back in circa 1754-63 Major Robert Rogers wrote (for his Rangers) Standing Orders Number 4:
Tell the truth about what you see & do. There is an Army depending on us for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the Rangers but don't ever lie to another Ranger.

You can never be trusted by another Ranger forever more - I say it's time to flush this liar.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
lukey
BANNED

Post by lukey »

Roger, Ranger Steadfast and Ranger Affirm. I understand what I did was wrong and there was no reason for me not to be truthful.
sinjefe
Ranger

Post by sinjefe »

Steadfast wrote: You can never be trusted by another Ranger forever more - I say it's time to flush this liar.
Never lie. Especially to the group you are trying to join. All it takes is once. I say get rid of him.
'82-'85 HHC, 1/75
'85-'87 101st Abn Div (AASLT)
'87-'89 9th Inf Div (MTZ)
'89-'02 7th SFG (A)
'02-'06 Advisor, Colombian Counter Narcotics JTF
'06-'08 JFK Special Warfare Center
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

Integrity. Once it's gone, you very rarely earn it back.
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

This future soldier is guilty of one of the key issues Rangers hold sacred, "Never lie to another Ranger." He has been banned, and his IP address has been banned. If a man lacks integrity, he has nothing. The lesson here is that on armyranger.com we are always truthful, and we won't tolerate anyone who is not. RLTW!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”