Charlie sitreps

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Charlie sitreps

Post by IvoryCharlie »

I'm signing and swearing in on Friday for 11x. No chance at an Option 40, even with the connection, but my physical profile will be changed to a 111111 upon entrance due to that being a requirement for the Infantry. Thank you for all the help, and I fully intend to make it to the 75th Ranger Regiment at some time or another, but as of right now it seems extremely unlikely that I will get a chance at even airborne school at OSUT. I will work towards becoming tough as a nail mentally, physically and in terms of resolve, as well as embodying Ranger discipline, and these characteristics, I know, could land me in the position that I strive to reach.
I will never quit, but there is no other way for me to get a chance at becoming a Ranger due to the bureaucracy at MEPS, so in this battle for leverage ended up in me accepting defeat, and this step is necessary for me to perhaps find victory in the future. All The Way!
11B
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction- Charlie

Post by Steadfast »

Charlie, I split & moved this post from your intro forum to the "Letters from school" forum & give us your future sitreps here.
We' be looking forward to hearing from you. Consider your intro closed.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
rangerjd
Ranger

Charlie sitreps

Post by rangerjd »

Charlie, remember all that you've learned while on this site, take it to heart and live the Ranger Creed every day. The Army needs good soldiers everywhere, not just in the Ranger Regiment. Keep us updated on your situation and how you are doing. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit! RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Charlie sitreps

Post by Jim »

Earn this. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Thank you Ranger Steadfast!
Ranger JD I have been living the creed and I intend to until the day that I meet my maker, and I will, with more effort than I think I am capable of, pursue this goal that I have of serving among the finest soldiers in the military in the 75th Ranger Regiment.
Ranger Jim that is precisely what I will do, and I will never relent now that my PULHES is a picket fence and I know that my General Technical ASVAB line is a 117.
Today I enlisted as 11x, and (somehow) put in a request for a security clearance. I will be in the DEP until July, when I ship out to OSUT. After researching extensively, I have found that there is a high probability that there will be a miniscule amount of BAC and RASP offers in OSUT, and that to be thrust into such a situation it is imperative that my PFT is northward of 300, I have a reputation as the "grey man" and my ASVAB score is high enough (which it is). I will accomplish these goals; I just hope and pray that I get chosen for one of these slots. Thank you all for the help in this process!
11B
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Good luck, young Padawan, on the path you've chosen. Easy, it is not.

Get with a Tabbed DI or one with a Ranger Scroll on his right sleeve and a Tab on his left and let your wishes for a RASP I slot be known. And be ready to prove that you're worth the slot. Prove it in EVERYTHING you do....don't just TRY to be the best, BE THE BEST at Marksmanship, at close order drill, at memorizing your General Orders and at your APFT blow everyone else out of the water!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Slowpoke wrote:Good luck, young Padawan, on the path you've chosen. Easy, it is not.

Get with a Tabbed DI or one with a Ranger Scroll on his right sleeve and a Tab on his left and let your wishes for a RASP I slot be known. And be ready to prove that you're worth the slot. Prove it in EVERYTHING you do....don't just TRY to be the best, BE THE BEST at Marksmanship, at close order drill, at memorizing your General Orders and at your APFT blow everyone else out of the water!
Roger, Ranger Slowpoke. I will certainly follow that advice and execute once the time comes.
I graduated high school on the 23rd of May, and I took the 2-2-2 that I was required to take before shipping in the DEP the Wednesday beforehand. I did 113 pushups but only 67 counted, so I know that I need to improve on locking out my elbows. The reason for this is due to the person administering the test not telling me he wasn't counting my pushups that I did not propel my hands off of the ground doing for the first minute of the pushup portion, so for the second minute I adjusted and got 60 or so in (after a minute of only 17 being counted). I ran a 12:05 2 miler, and I did 93 situps in the allotted two minutes. I received a 296 on my first official APFT, and this was without sleep the night before or breakfast in the morning (due to final exams). I know that I should have done much better than this, since I have ran a two miler in the low 11 minute threshold and I can do quite a few pushups normally. I will adjust, and I have been training harder than I ever have been, but injury worries have me limiting myself to 30 miles per week running and 20 miles marching (so far with 45 lbs, adding 10 every week since I started 2 weeks ago).
I'll update with any progress as it comes along.
11B
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

What is your report date at Fort Benning?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Ranger Jim I report 20150707
11B
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Ranger Jim I report 20150707

Then fix your sig line as per the DEP standard.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Buzz.
11B
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

IvoryCharlie wrote:Roger, Ranger Buzz.

See you sigline looks STRAC now - nothing fancy - just what we all earned. Drive on Charlie, never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Steadfast- I'm giving nothing but my best effort and pushing harder than my perceived limits day in and day out so that, hopefully, when the time comes and I am granted a place at selection, I will excel not only at RASP but in the 75th Ranger Regiment as well.
On another note, I was blindsided 2 days ago with bad news. It seems my recruiter in my states did not inform me that the MEPS at Westover lost my fingerprints until a few days ago. I need to go to the MEPS in Puerto Rico, where I am supposed to be courtesy shipping from, and get fingerprinted. Since I have only one possible day left that I can do this on (Monday), and my recruiters out of Springfield are neglecting to answer any and all phones, it seems very unlikely that I will ship on Tuesday. A First Sergeant out of Puerto Rico informed me by phone that the only possible way that I could ship is with a miracle, and with the Springfield Recruiters' cooperation. Frankly, I am not a religious person (therefore miracles are not something that I believe in) and I do not envision these recruiters following through based on my interactions with them in the past. Should anything work out, I will be at reception on Tuesday; more likely, however, is the possibility that I will have to renegotiate my contract.
As of now, my PULHES reads as a picket fence. The medical waiver was not preventing me from getting the Ranger Option, according to the MEPS CMO at Westover; rather, it was the 3 under U for my PULHES rating. So, should my contract be void, I will attempt, yet again, to get an exception to policy so that I may get an Option 40. This may take quite a while, it seems, and this is absolutely not what I envisioned happening (since the Springfield recruiters will lose credit for my enlistment).
In terms of PT, my numbers for pushups and situps vary by +/= 10 to the values of 105 pushups and 90 situps. My two mile time is consistently under 13 minutes, and often I break 12 minutes. The day that I botched my first official PFT is still fresh in my memory, and to me anything less than 100% and then some is unacceptable.
I have been studying the Ranger Handbook, as well as the Future Soldier website modules, and I know I am prepared for what is to come (so long as it comes).
11B
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

I'll be waiting for your future sitrep's Ivory Charlie, do come back but do not get into trouble doing it. Never, never quit.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
IvoryCharlie
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by IvoryCharlie »

Roger, Ranger Steadfast- I will post sitreps when I make it to BCT and beyond in a manner that doesn't warrant any reprimanding.
However, I will not be shipping on Tuesday due to this fingerprint mishap. There are two reasons why this could have happened: the recruiting office in St. Thomas (where I currently am) could want to add me to their recruiting quota so they are refusing to do the work which would allow me to courtesy ship from Puerto Rico, or my recruiter in Massachusetts has simply been negligent to do his work (which seems more likely seeing as he did not return my calls last week when I was asking him to do the paperwork necessary for me to ship). A Sergeant Major and several 1st Sergeants have been calling me to find out what is going on, and it seems likely that someone is getting reprimanded for this; hopefully, my recruiter doesn't try and pin this issue on me, (which I assume would affect my REENLISTMENT) since I had no part in MEPS losing my fingerprints. Having to reenlist before I get to BCT wasn't the plan, but I suppose this is how the Big Army works- this has motivated me considerably in my endeavor to get to the 75th Ranger Regiment, as I would much rather work with groups of highly motivated individuals that pay attention to detail and can accomplish any task given. I was informed that- best case scenario- I ship out on Wednesday or Thursday, but a 1st Sergeant informed me that this was highly unlikely.
At least I have a few more weeks to train and study, but with all that is going on in the world I would much rather be preparing to fight.
11B

Return to “Letters from School”