Introduction: Ajax

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

ajax
Embryo

Introduction: Ajax

Post by ajax »

Rangers,

I am 21 years old graduating from college with a BS this May.

I have been working with a recruiter for a few weeks now and told him I am looking for a 68w contract with a 40 option attached (ASVAB GT score: 132). We looked at the available jobs last week and there were a good amount of 68w slots. My recruiter seems confident that as soon as I get everything together (getting letter of graduation date verification from university tomorrow; going home to get a copy of my high school transcript this weekend) he can call the ROC and get the option 40 added. Ideally, I am hoping for a shipping date towards the end of summer.

My main purpose of joining this community is to gain fitness and school preparation tips. I’m 5’10”, 190 lbs and played rugby for my university. However, my weakness is distance running. My major goal is to have my 5 mile under 40 minutes before shipping and right now I’m probably just below 50 minutes.

PFT:
Push-ups – 65
Sit-ups – 72
2 Miles – 15:02
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Ajax

Post by Jim »

Welcome Ajax. If you want to earn a slot in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Please tell us more about yourself. Where are you from? Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. We have a good number of 68W Option 40 members -- look closely at the letters from school to gain insight on your training schedule. Also, add pull-ups to your exercise routine. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Thanks for the welcome, Ranger Jim.

I'm from Georgia and come from a military family (grandfather & father enlisted Marines; brother enlisted Army). I've always felt a desire to serve, but my university had no ROTC programs on campus and I knew enlistment or OCS would be a possibility after graduation. My career goal after the Army is to one day return to school and become an epidemiologist.

And, roger Ranger Jim. I'll be sure to include pull-ups in my next update.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

There are several very large Rangers on this site and others not on here that were also Rugby players and also thrived in Regiment with the very fast 3mile runs (some 5.5-6 minute miles) to the endurance runs around the impact area of 10+ miles at about a 7.30 pace.

For starters, read all of Ranger Silverbacks fitness threads in the Fitness Forum for guidance.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Roger, Ranger Cams. Thanks for the guidance.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Ajax.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Thanks, Ranger Charlie.

Just as an update, finals week at school has my plans delayed and I'll be meeting again with my recruiter next Monday to put in the call to the ROC and MEPS next Friday.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ajax wrote:Thanks, Ranger Charlie.

Just as an update, finals week at school has my plans delayed and I'll be meeting again with my recruiter next Monday to put in the call to the ROC and MEPS next Friday.
Knock out 50 push-ups. That is not his screen name. Yours is ajax, we don't address you as SOS Pad do we? You would do well to research Charlie Rangers in Vietnam so you have an idea of the type of man you addressed so casually.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Roger, Ranger Cams. My apologies for informality, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, thank you again for the warm welcome.

The history of Charlie company's actions in Vietnam War is astounding. I read about the company being formed as a replacement or successor of 5307th Composite Unit (I had heard of Merill's Marauders) after WWII and the conditions Charlie company fought threw in Vietnam. Thank you for your heroic service, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV. It's an honor to have the ability to converse with you and I hope you can excuse my earlier ignorance.

Thanks for the assignment, Ranger Cams. This is exactly the guidance I was looking for when coming to the site.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ajax wrote:Roger, Ranger Cams. My apologies for informality, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV, thank you again for the warm welcome.

The history of Charlie company's actions in Vietnam War is astounding. I read about the company being formed as a replacement or successor of 5307th Composite Unit (I had heard of Merill's Marauders) after WWII and the conditions Charlie company fought thru in Vietnam. Thank you for your heroic service, Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV. It's an honor to have the ability to converse with you and I hope you can excuse my earlier ignorance.

Thanks for the assignment, Ranger Cams. This is exactly the guidance I was looking for when coming to the site.
Inattention to detail. Here is the history of C/75.

http://www.75thrra.com/history/c75_hx.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Roger, Ranger Jim. It won't happen again.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Fair recovery. Everything we do here that involves you young men has a reason. It is not to seem mean or tough over the Internet, it is to teach lessons.

This one relates to military courtesy and addressing those with rank. If you get into OSUT and are being addressed by a Sergeant or a Staff Sergeant for example, and you address him as 'Sarge', you will get destroyed. This is not like a John Wayne movie, it is a deadly serious business you're signing up for.

You seem fairly intelligent and I wish you the best in your journey, try to take a lesson from everything that happens around you. Eyes and ears open and situational awareness.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

ajax
Embryo

Post by ajax »

Roger, Ranger Cams. I completely understand. It sounds cliché, but I don't believe in involving myself in anything if I am not fully committed. I'm serious, to say the least, about earning a Ranger tab. I genuinely appreciate your good wishes, thank you.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

ajax wrote:Roger, Ranger Cams. I completely understand. It sounds cliché, but I don't believe in involving myself in anything if I am not fully committed. I'm serious, to say the least, about earning a Ranger tab. I genuinely appreciate your good wishes, thank you.
Are you only seeking to go to Ranger School or are you actively trying to get into the Ranger Regiment? There's a huge difference. Something else for you to research so you know what you're talking about and asking your recruiters for.

Tab or Scroll or both. Look into it.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

cams wrote:
ajax wrote:Roger, Ranger Cams. I completely understand. It sounds cliché, but I don't believe in involving myself in anything if I am not fully committed. I'm serious, to say the least, about earning a Ranger tab. I genuinely appreciate your good wishes, thank you.
Are you only seeking to go to Ranger School or are you actively trying to get into the Ranger Regiment? There's a huge difference. Something else for you to research so you know what you're talking about and asking your recruiters for.

Tab or Scroll or both. Look into it.
What Ranger Cams is speaking of is this...
The Ranger Tab is only a school, the Ranger Scroll is a way of life!
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”