My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

offsetshot
BANNED

My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by offsetshot »

**Admin Edit**

I am 20 years old. I have been dedicated working towards becoming an army Ranger. Mentally, physically, and morally, every single day, for about 2 years now is when I had made the decision that this is what I wanted. The reason this hard willed young man has not enlisted is. I am on probation. For an alcohol ticket and an assault on a police officer. I do not have problems with alcohol or violence. I made very poor decisions because, I was honestly really dumb. I have also had very poor leadership in my life. Very touchy subject. I'm not a bad person by any means that's how that effects me mostly. I hope to regain some honor by becoming a Ranger in the 75th Regiment.
I feel that's where i belong. I do not mind sharing any of my experiences with anyone on here. I am looking for mentor ship and plus its bad ass I can talk to rangers now. Thank you so much for being good leaders not only in the army but in civilian life. I wish my father would have been a ranger it would have helped him and me and my family to have the strong leadership principles.

My pt scores are off the charts.
I am very intelligent have no problem passing asvab.
I have a ged.
I am joining to serve my country and become better. Be around people who are also doing the same thing it would be wonderful to be surrounded by people who are hard determined and willed to improve everyday.
I have spoken with my recruiter here in salt lake city. As soon as I am off probation I am still eligible for enlistment without the need of a moral waiver. This is all the information I have gotten.

I am working right now in the meen time
on my presidents hundred tab.
My black belt in krav maga.
certified scuba.
and licensed parachutist.
and learning Arabic.

All to help me get into the army and get that contract.

I don't know if I've jumped the gun on here i apologize deeply if i have. but that's why I am here to help grow up more and make myself better so I can be of utmost use in Bat.

Thank you again to all. peace in our hearts and minds.

**Admin Edit**
Never give up.
RangerX
Ranger

Re: My introduction into the Army Ranger world.

Post by RangerX »

:roll:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

So you're willing to discuss your "shortcomings".

Swell. Let's start with your poor decision making skills under stress and explain why you got drunk, decided to fight a cop and are now on probation.

Ready, go....
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

1st off, there's this thing called "Attention to detail," and so far, you're 0-4.

1. You posted your 1st intro within another members "Letters (Update) From School"

2. Then, your 2nd attempt was posted under this category: "Introductions - Rangers, Veterans, Ranger Wives/Parents" which begs the question: "Do you fall in any of those categories?" I have since moved it into the proper category.

3. Let's see if you can redeem yourself by figuring out 3 and 4.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Welcome. Follow Ranger Fatboys and Ranger Centermass' instructions to the letter. You want discipline, you found it.

I may be mistaken as it's been a while but I do not believe Regiment will take you with alcohol or AB/PO charges at this point. Maybe back several years ago during the height of the war but not now. The army might, so don't get discouraged yet just keep doing what your told to do here and you might just have a chance.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

"I am very intelligent have no problem passing asvab."

Seriously? I realize "very intelligent" is both relative and subjective but this puts the rest of your resume in question. You WILL come in contact with many of us during your time in Regiment so focus on creating a solid reputation starting now.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

I guess I learned nothing from my "shortcoming" considering all of the mistakes I have made already on this site. I have used my last name, cannot find the newts avatar section. And I do not fall under any of the categories yet. Shall I just create a new profile Rangers?

Ranger Cams if this is true than no army for me the only place I will go is the 75th. Hopefully this can be situated.

I honestly have no idea how to respond appropriately to all of you Rangers. I will learn however better here and now.

Thankyou.

Jalen.
Never give up.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

Awesome Ranger Jim. I guess I'll just have to continue my process and see if I qualify for the security clearance. Considering my criminal background.
Never give up.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

offsetshot wrote:Awesome Ranger Jim. I guess I'll just have to continue my process and see if I qualify for the security clearance. Considering my criminal background.
The information you should have noticed is:
A person of good character (no pending UCMJ action or drug or alcohol related incidents within 24 months)
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

Correct Ranger Jim I have read and understand all of the requirements. Thankyou.
Never give up.
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

I'll enlist in an airborne unit and wait for the remainder of the 24 months. And volunteer for RASP at a later time. Any advice?
Never give up.
fatboy
Ranger

Post by fatboy »

You could start by answering up about the drunken fighting with police. Or should we ask about the other police fighting incident? Maybe the other few arrests perhaps?

Point being, honesty is a good start to getting into the Army. What makes you someone that the Army in general, Combat arms in particular, and the Ranger Regiment in very particular would want to allow to you try to be accepted into their ranks?
RS 07 and 08-01 (I took the long tour in Florida)

1-508 ABCT
1-327IN
101st Pathfinder DS1
Iraqi Freedom 03-04, 05-06, 07-08
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

As a follow up to my post, you missed this little tidbit in the link I posted. Now, READ THIS and you tell me what's wrong here:
Admin wrote:Welcome to ArmyRanger.com.

You don't have to be on the Delayed Entry Program to be a site member, this is just an example introduction with adequate detail. Note: DO NOT put your last name, or the last names of others, into your introduction.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
offsetshot
BANNED

Post by offsetshot »

Ranger fatboy I have no idea. I didnt care. My father raised me to think it was okay to get into trouble do drugs drink etc. I almost lost my mother two years ago it opened my eyes. Theres not one responsible male role model in my entire family. Even my mothers father died when she was very young. She has had no honorable man in her life. I wish of course i had never made my decisions to break the law it was entirely my fault my decision. I just kind of figured out I can be who I want, even if im scrutinized by my family for making healthy decisions to want to improve and not give up.

I never tried to fight an officer. I never tried to attack him or harm him. I say this because I dont want the judgment passed that I dont have respect for our officers of the law. Most are outstanding citizens and have great moral character great company in my opinion. He went to arrest me I called him a name he attacked me and my mom verbally so I mistakingly responded verbally by calling him a piece of shit. He knocked me out by forcing me to the ground I was not being physical in any way he picked me up while I was unconscious and I almost "headbutted him" i never tried to attack him or headbutt him. i was charged and convicted of an assault on a police officer or a military member.

My recruiter respected my honesty I dont want to hide anything this is like a brand new slate and now I'm no longer a kid im an adult. If im not qualified I'm not plain and simple.
This does not meen I will quit by any means.

I am very smart. I can be an excellent leader Im the oldest in the family out of all the grandkids. I am very physically blessed. And I have an iron will.
I feel that I can do amazing things in the Army.

I'll do it thats why. I will make it I'll be an outstanding Ranger. My aspirations are followed by action and my aspirations are high.

I believe there isnt anything I cant do if I put my mind to it.
Never give up.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”