Introduction: Kendale

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

kendalegober
Egg

Introduction: Kendale

Post by kendalegober »

My name's Kendale (last name edited for OERSEC). I'm a senior in high school here in Moore, Oklahoma. I swore in on 5 June 2014 with an 11x Option 40 contract, and I ship on 22 June 2015. I'm about 5'8" or 5'9", I weigh 145 or so. I'd like to go into basic weighing a little more, but obviously I don't want it to be bad weight. I'm doing rather well on my push-ups and sit-ups, and my run is average. We do a monthly 1-1-1 assessment (minute of push-ups, minute of sit-ups, mile run) at my recruiting station, and my last scores were as follows:

Push-ups- 47
Sit-ups- 41
1 mile run- 7:18

I want to be a PT stunner by the time I ship. Do any of you have a workout regimen that I could do? I'm starting to get into the gym a little more, but I know that the frat-boy body building isn't going to help me whatsoever. Also, any tips for RASP other than don't quit? I met a recently retired Ranger with my dad, so I suppose I could spend a little more time with him. The only thing is he left the Army on medical reasons. Thank you for reading and any responses.

-Kendale
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Kendale

Post by Jim »

Welcome Kendale, If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at armyranger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. We expect our future soldiers to work on a 2-2-2 PT regimen. Please self-administer a PT test and post the results, including pull-ups, on this thread within the next 72 hours. Please tell us more about yourself. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Kendale.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Your ambition is admirable, but you have a hard road ahead of you.

For your questions on physical training, search and read the threads on this site. You have not stated whether you have participated in any sports to any extent. You must prepare to work harder than you have ever worked in your young life.

Before you make any more posts, be certain to read the rules of this site.

This is not your typical website forum.

Good luck.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
kendalegober
Egg

Post by kendalegober »

Thank you Ranger Jim, Ranger Charlie, and Ranger Lefty for the welcomes. I read the rules and have changed my avatar accordingly, and I will refrain from the last names.

I should have my full PT Test scores up soon.

As to sports, I played baseball and football for a majority of my childhood, but when I got to high school I became a member of the drumline (so I became a band geek).
rangerjd
Ranger

Post by rangerjd »

Welcome Kendale. You've got less than 6 months to be in the best shape you have ever been in your life. You need to add pullups to your workout and PT Test. Also, start doing 2 mile run instead of 1, then work yourself up to 5 miles and more. Read the PT threads, there's plenty of information there. It's all up to you now, how bad do you want this. It won't be easy, but with the right mind set and attitude it's doable. Give everything you've got, every time you give and never, ever quit. RLTW
Ranger Class 8-82
C Co 2/75 80-83-HCMTC 83-85
Drill Sgt 85-87-Sapper Instructor 87-89
A Co 2/75 89-90-G3 I Corps 90-91
I Corps LRSC 91-93-7th RTB RI 94-95
Retired 95
"I'd rather spend 10 seconds in the saddle, than a life time of watching from the stands." Chris Ledoux
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

kendalegober wrote:Thank you Ranger Jim, Ranger Charlie, and Ranger Lefty for the welcomes. I read the rules and have changed my avatar accordingly, and I will refrain from the last names.

I should have my full PT Test scores up soon.

As to sports, I played baseball and football for a majority of my childhood, but when I got to high school I became a member of the drumline (so I became a band geek).

Inattention to detail: Who is Ranger Charlie?

You should have read his name as "Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV".
You owe him an apology & 25 plus 1 push up.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”