Introduction- Chase

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Introduction- Chase

Post by cams »

sloReady wrote:I attempted to go through another recruiter here once all the friction started up. I came to find out that that recruiting station, along with all others in the outlying area run all operations through the "mother" station which happened to be where i started out... if it would be worth it to travel to a more distant station i will.
Who are you addressing with these posts'? Go read the rules of the site again and pay attention to detail when posting. You're asking the membership for help here, at least respect their rules and show that you're worthy of some effort on our part.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Roger Ranger Cams.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

So what is going on with you? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Ranger Jim, I have continued my PT and have improved my score a total of 8 points since the OP
I had two friends return from BCT, so I made sure to pick their brains about it.
I am not seeing any progress in receiving my OP40 prior to shipping.
Something I forgot to mention in my previous posts is that while I was at MEPS
I made sure to have my "Airborne" physical done, which I passed and is stamped on my enlistment papers..
I'm not sure if this really helps me in any way. But I figured I was being proactive.
In some of the research i've done I stumbled upon the website which contains all the scheduled Airborne and RASP classes.. it shows the class sizes as well as start and graduation dates..
As of today there are no scheduled Airborne or RASP classes for fiscal year 2016, which is when i'll be graduating OSUT.
Every time we called the Recruting Operations Command, they told me there were no airborne or ranger spots open for my available ship dates which at the time was from May 29-September 29 2015. At the time I thought this was bullshit, but now it does make sense..I enlisted too early killing my chance at an OP40 in the DEP...
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

On this site we capitalize our name "Ranger", you need to adhear to our standard.

It has been a month since your last APFT, when you post the results we don't want the score we want it broken down, check the other DEP's and see how they post their scores and how often.

You also need to fix your signature line, once again, check to see what the other DEP.s are doing and follow suit with your info.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Roger Ranger Buzz,
Run - 13:00
Sit ups- 66
Push ups - 53
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

In the future, add pull ups to your APFT, if you get to RASP you will have to do them perfectly.

Read thru the advice that Ranger Jim has given to the other DEP's and continue to prepare for what is ahead.

Never Quit.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Roger Ranger Buzz
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
JamesJ207
Embryo

Post by JamesJ207 »

Doesn't the GT score cut off at 110 when trying to score a Ranger contract at OSUT? Ranger Cayo's sticky said GT score eliminated a large chunk of competition while at OSUT.
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Yes, JamesJ207 I believe that is the case. Which is very beneficial to me, National Guard are also excluded, as well as low PT scores. I feel that earning a 300+ PT score along with these other factors will give me good chances of earning an OP40 in OSUT. However, I am going to try still to obtain an OP40 prior to shipping.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Both of you take your bullshitting to PM's. If you'd read the rules of the site you'd have already known that.

Knock out some push ups.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
JamesJ207
Embryo

Post by JamesJ207 »

Roger that Ranger cams. I'll go till my arms fail me, then more on knees.
gRavepc
Ranger

Post by gRavepc »

James, its simply "Roger Ranger "x". Thats it. No excuses, weather reports, "thanking my sergeant for making me stronger" bullshit afterwords.
Bco 3/75 08-11' Death Angels
TCCC/LTT instructor - SIMMEC Training Solutions 11-14
7232nd MSU Fort Hood, TX 14-Present
"Doc, I feel a bunch of warm stuff going down my body..."
sloReady
Future Soldier

Post by sloReady »

Rangers,
My referal enlisted, so I am now working on my promotion to E-2
I have been working on my PT as well,
I am just getting over a pneumonia,
I have a PT test soon for my promotion, I will post the results when i have them.

Track season just started as well, I will be doing the 1 and 2 mile events to better my PT score.
Future soldier ,11x
Ship date 20150810
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

Regardless of whether or not your initial contract includes a Ranger guarantee, the 75th will always be there, waiting for good candidates.

If you truly prove yourself during all phases of your initial entry training, you will either gain the attention of recruiters for the 75th or you will fall into the large group of young men who get recruited during BCT/OSUT/Airborne for RASP.

I understand that Op. 40 contracts are harder to come by these days, due to downsizing of the military and other such political and economic restrictions. Don't let any of that affect your determination. If you want to be a Ranger, and serve with the greatest group of men you will ever get the chance to work with and grow with, then continue to persevere. If you think you are fast enough, you aren't. If you think you're strong enough, you aren't. If you think you're DETERMINED enough, you aren't. If you push each one of these envelopes, as well as strive to be mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight, then you will find yourself in the right place.
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”