Thank you for your prayers and compassion

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Thank you for your prayers and compassion

Post by garyedolan »

God welcomed into Heaven my Angel, Linda, at 1355 hours today. She is at peace, finally rid of the worldly body ravaged by Progressive MS for the past 16 years, during which she never, ever complained. I will post the arrangements when I am advised tomorrow by White's Funeral Home. I will eventually be taking her ashes to be interred at West Point, where she will reserve a place for me to eventually join her, as our love is eternal.
I have been overwhelmed and comforted by the amazing outpouring of support, prayers and love. Thank you. Give a HUG to your loved ones and savor the HUG you receive in return for me.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Thank you for your prayers and compassion

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

garyedolan wrote:God welcomed into Heaven my Angel, Linda, at 1355 hours today. She is at peace, finally rid of the worldly body ravaged by Progressive MS for the past 16 years, during which she never, ever complained. I will post the arrangements when I am advised tomorrow by White's Funeral Home. I will eventually be taking her ashes to be interred at West Point, where she will reserve a place for me to eventually join her, as our love is eternal.
I have been overwhelmed and comforted by the amazing outpouring of support, prayers and love. Thank you. Give a HUG to your loved ones and savor the HUG you receive in return for me.
My gratitude to you for very wise counsel. May you have peace of mind in knowing that she is now with the angels.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

We are deeply saddened at this news. Gary, please know all of your brothers grieve with you and are praying for you. Our faith tells us your beloved Linda is in the gentle hands of her Savior.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

May God cradle her in his arms and give you solace and comfort Brother.

My heartfelt condolences Gary.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You and yours are in my prayers, Gary.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

The wake for my Linda will be held tomorrow, Sunday, 30 November, from 2 pm to 4 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm at White Funeral Home, 315 Conklin Street, Farmingdale, NY 11735 and a Funeral Mass at St Killian on Monday, 1 December, her birthday & her Mom's birthday with whom she will be in Heaven.
The family requests donations in lieu of flowers to Ranger Lead The Way Fund, Inc. (https://www.facebook.com/armyrangerleadthewayfund)
All are welcome after Mass to celebrate her life at my home.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Sir, it was an absolute pleasure to have met your wife this summer, and to have been treated as one of the family. You and your lovely wife were such gracious hosts that we could not have wanted for anything. I have seen first hand the ravages of her condition, and do not blame you one bit for not wanting to leave her side.. not for a second.

I see the tragedies of life every day and it isn't getting easier to deal with. Its worse so when I know someone. One of these days I will have had my fill, and turn in my gear and helmet. But for now I find some solace in a few passages of the New Testament that I particularly like from the Book of Luke, in chapters 24 and 42-43. We are a fairly religious cohort here, so don't mind if I share them with you.
Luke 23:42-43
42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
And..
Luke 24:5-6
5..the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen!
As you said, Sir, Her suffering is now at end, and she is at peace. It is time to celebrate her long and fruitful life, and think nothing more of what she had endured.

Also, I usually say a humble prayer based on a passage from Matthew 8:8. Knowing that I am the least worthy to ask, I equate myself with the Roman Centurion who asks Jesus to heal his servant.
Matthew 8:8
8 But the centurion replied, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed."

Sir, it is with a heavy heart I give you my deepest sympathies, and humbly ask the Lord to commend your wife to paradise.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I've posted my condolences both here and on Face Book. Just know that we grieve together Brother.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Sorry for your loss Sir. Prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using rocks and sticks.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”