New College First/DEP member

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

residual
Egg

New College First/DEP member

Post by residual »

Hello! Names Seth. Currently going to college and on an army trial program called "college first". Basically it lets me finish up school, and get paid to do it with less than enough time for ROTC. I havent picked a job yet, I'm listed as a "trainee". I want to do either either 18x or 11x opt 40. I've been reading about the Rangers as far as what you guys stand for and how dedicated and professional you are, and have of course been incredibly impressed. This site is just one more testiment to that.

I renegotiate my contract this coming summer which is when I'll find out my shipdate. My asvab scores are top notch, but of course my PT is lacking since I've been sitting on my ass in college for 3 years now. They will be up there when I ship though, garaunteed. I'm looking for any advice you guys might have, and any information you have on the 11x opt 40 vs 18x. I know Rangers are special forces, so I'm having a time descerning the differences in the training programs.

You guys have an awesome site here, and its definately going to help me make my decision.
Last edited by residual on September 1st, 2004, 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Residual
College First/DEP/Undecided
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome residual. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
residual
Egg

Post by residual »

Ahh, they are part of Special Operations, and Special Forces is part of that as well. Thats where I was confused, that clears that up a bit thanks Ranger Fish3069. :lol:
Residual
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome to the site Seth.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Re: New College First/DEP member

Post by Blacksrt4 »

residual wrote: I'm looking for any advice you guys might have, and any information you have on the 11x opt 40 vs 18x. I know Rangers are special forces, so I'm having a time descerning the differences in the training programs.
Welcome and there is a great amount of information here on both programs, you just have to look around for it.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Oreo
Tadpole

Post by Oreo »

Welcome to the site! Also,please choose an avatar.
628th MI Bn,28th ID(M): June 03-Jan05
Bco 447th Signal Bn Nov 06-Jan 08
A Co WTB(Ft. Gordon) Jan-April 08
"I don't fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is saying, 'Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?'"
-General George S. Patton
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW
Bell
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome residual.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
the_machine
Tadpole

Post by the_machine »

Welcome aboard, read the FAQ's and don't act like a shithead.
11-M(B co. 3/15 inf, 24th inf)

Why did I re-enlist?...the scenery changes, the pay is good and i get to play with dynamite.
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Nice to have you here.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome. Good luck.

If you are required to enter as an officer, you won't have the choices that enlisted men do in the way of contracts. Are you required to do so?
residual
Egg

Post by residual »

No Ranger Spartan, I'm not required to enter as on officer. In fact I'm not sure if I even can. I think I have to enter enlisted and then go to OCS at a later time assuming I apply for it.
Last edited by residual on September 14th, 2004, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Residual

Return to “Introduction Archive”