Introduction-Dorian

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

DorianTC
Egg

Introduction-Dorian

Post by DorianTC »

Hello Rangers

First off I want to thank all of you for your service and all you do. I'm 19 and since I can remember I've wanted to join the army, and since high school I've wanted to become a ranger. I'm working now on prerequisites for nursing and am gonna get an associates degree in nursing before I get any contract. I'm also planning on joining an army rotc program with the intention of joining a ranger challenge team. Once I have my degree I plan on working with a recruiter for a 68w opt40. I wanted to go 11x but believe saving a life is better then taking one. This is what I want to do. I want to push my self physically and mentally and push through my limitations. My best friend is in 3rd Battalion and I hope to be in a Battalion sometime within the next 4-5 years
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Dorian

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Dorian. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. Please self-administer a PT test and publish the results on this thread within 72 hours. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DorianTC
Egg

Post by DorianTC »

Push Ups 43

Sit Ups 73

Pull Ups 9

2 mile 13:46
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Dorian. . .continue on your PT ( running time ), it will pay off down the road.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Welcome. Like I told one of the other young-uns, having two years worth of college credit will get you starting as a spec-4. You will also be able to make rank quicker, when the time comes for that. Not sure why you want to get a 2 year RN then go into the Ranger Regt.

If it is nursing you want to pursue eventually, you should get your BS-RN knocked out right away. One less thing you will need to worry about. Eventually, all RN programs will be 4 year degrees. You wouldn't be the first one to enlist with at degree.

Either way, make sure your PT is tip-top. Good luck with it

Doc out
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Ginger
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Ginger »

Welcome Dorian!

PM Inbound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20150713

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”