Introduction - Patrick

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Re: Introduction - Patrick

Post by PerryB »

Patrick, you can have a medical waiver and still qualify for airborne training. If the meps CMO (Chief Medical Officer) will declare you qualified for airborne training you can keep the option 40. If the CMO will not declare you qualified then you're out of luck. I had a guy just last week that had a medical waiver for knee surgery and our CMO still declared him qualified for Airborne training. Once your medical waiver is approved you must see the meps CMO again. You can ask him for an airborne stamp at that time.
Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need some assistance. I am out of the office this week for Jury duty.

Perryb
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cobrast1ng wrote:[
a) Did you require a waiver for your eyes upon joining Ranger Jim?

b) 5-Mile Run: 38:26
a) I did not. I enlisted, went to BAC, went to Viet-Nam, attended OCS, then Ranger School.
b) The task in the PT test is a 2 mile run.

Since I did not feel comfortable trying to answer your waiver question, I asked PerryB for assistance. Now you know the answer.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
cobrast1ng
Embryo

Post by cobrast1ng »

Ranger Jim, and PerryB, thank you for the information. I was at the MEPS today and the CMO did not give me the OK unfortunately...darn eyes. As a result I signed and took my oath today; a little bummed but still excited to start this journey nonetheless. However, I'm not out of the running yet and will still keep pushing for my shot at RASP. A while back I had been in contact with 75th Recruiting directly for information,, and again e-mailed the SSG recruiting for 35 series mos'. Fortunately, I was informed that so long as I met minimum GT / PT requirements (which I am well above) and kept focused, he would see about getting me a spot for the RASP while at AIT. With that, will keep positive and keep training to stay sharp when that day comes around.

Lastly, my 2-mile time was at 13:46 before I just kept running to see what I'd be at for the 5-mile.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Understand, what is your report date? Don't forget to start a post in the letters from school thread when you depart for IET. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
cobrast1ng
Embryo

Post by cobrast1ng »

I report 20141027 - Will do Ranger Jim!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

cobrast1ng wrote:I report 20141027 - Will do Ranger Jim!
Excellent. Do well in BCT and AIT and you may get picked up by the Ranger LNOs. They are authorized to grant slots at BAC and RASP to worthy trainees. We have a number of Rangers who earned their slots (vice enlisted for them). Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”