Introduction - Eric

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Eric

Post by Jim »

Sounds like you no longer wish to enlist in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Is that right?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Ranger Jim,

Negative, I still want to enlist. I just need to figure out our situation. In the meantime I am going to continue to study for the ASVAB and conduct PT.

Ranger ManchuV,

Thank you for your input. I'm not worried about me being ok with the time apart, I lived in Australia for two years with little contact with my family and was just fine.

I'm mainly concerned if she is able to handle it. Last time we talked about it she told me it would be hard for us, specially in our first year of marriage. In her eyes it's a sacrifice that we would be making for our future family, somewhere along the lines of "if we sacrifice now we will have to sacrifice a bit less once our children grown"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
elgecko
Ranger

Post by elgecko »

Arizona90,

Family was one of my main concerns when enlisting as well. So far, it has not met one of my expectations. That's not to say I regret enlisting, but just that my wife and I were unrealistic when we were planning. So whatever you decide, make sure you are considering legitimate worst case scenarios. You have to be sure that enlisting and becoming a Ranger is worth it to you no matter what it takes. And keep in mind, it might be harder on your wife than on you.
Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
-Virgil

E Co, 2/75
RS 2-15
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

elgecko wrote:Arizona90,

Family was one of my main concerns when enlisting as well. So far, it has not met one of my expectations. That's not to say I regret enlisting, but just that my wife and I were unrealistic when we were planning. So whatever you decide, make sure you are considering legitimate worst case scenarios. You have to be sure that enlisting and becoming a Ranger is worth it to you no matter what it takes. And keep in mind, it might be harder on your wife than on you.

Ranger elgecko,

Thank you for the response. I agree with you saying "it might be harder on your wife than on you," it's just her I am worried about, I am confident I will be ok. She says that she will be ok with our time apart, but we will have to have another couple of deep conversations before I go back to the recruiting office.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Eric, it has been a while since you posted. What is going on?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”