Introduction - Eric

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Arizona90
Embryo

Introduction - Eric

Post by Arizona90 »

I first want to say thank you to everyone that helps run this site and all the contributors who post on the website and keep it interesting with useful information. I came across this website on Google and am so happy I did (the information here is MUCH better/reliable than Yahoo Answers ever was). I’ve been lurking around on this site for a few months now, and made an account about a month ago but have not posted yet.

My name is Eric; I am from Arizona, born and partially raised out in the country in South Dakota. I am 23 turning 24 here in about one week. Currently I am going to college and working full time at an automotive re-upholstery shop. I lived in Australia for two years taking part in a church mission.

I am an Eagle Scout. While it wasn’t what the “popular kids” at school thought was cool, I am proud of this achievement and do not regret it one bit. While I do not know if it is fact or not, I have heard being an Eagle Scout has its advantages when you enlist.

I have always wanted to join the military and recently realized if I’m going to do it I need to do it now sooner than later, I’m not getting any younger. I want to be a Ranger to help fight with one of the best fighting forces in the world. I admire that members of the 75th are not just your standard soldier that joins the military.

Ranger Jim, and all other Rangers on this site, I understand it is custom to give your PT score within 72 hours so my progress can be marked. I recently had my ACL replaced and the doctor has asked me to refrain pushing my body too hard, mainly my knee, until I am healed up a bit more. That being said I am currently doing light runs every morning (it’s a short amount for the time being) and do upper or lower body in the evenings. I will admit even if I was able to do a PT test right now it would be pathetic. I will post my PT score (excluding running) within the next 72 hours

As per the posting rules I will not specify his name, although I’m sure every Ranger will know who I’m talking about. I had the honor of meeting a well known Captain from the 75th who re-deployed twice after losing his leg. Talking to him made my desire to be a Ranger grow like crazy, I genuinely felt honored and privileged talking with him.

PS: Where can I find the “five mentees report here” thread? I’ve searched all over this website for it but cannot seem to find it.

Again thank you for all the website moderators and contributors.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Eric

Post by Jim »

Welcome, Eric. A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you are doing OK. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We at ArmyRanger.com take a great deal of pride in the young men who pass through here on their life journey. Most of the questions you might have can be addressed by using the search feature, located on the top right of this page. Please read the FAQs, as well as select stickies and threads. We will defer the PT until you have healed, but you seem to know what you need to do to improve. When you have obtained an 0ption 40 you will gain admission to the five mentees thread. Have you selected an MOS to pursue? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome Arizona90.

PM inbound.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Eric.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Ranger Jim,

Thank you for temporarily excusing my PT scores, once I'm cleared by my physical therapist I'll administer a PT test. You are correct, I know what I need to improve on at the time being.

I plan on going the 11X route.

Bronco,

Message received, thank you for the message.

Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV,

Thank you for the welcome!
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Ranger xray,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I plan on enlisting as an 11x with an option 40 contract
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Arizona90 wrote:Ranger xray,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I plan on enlisting as an 11x with an option 40 contract
As it should be. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

I talked to the recruiter yesterday on the phone. It was a bit hard to schedule a time to meet as his hours are the same as my work hours, we ended up settling on a date next week.

I'm excited to finally sit down and talk to a recruiter to get the ball rolling a bit.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Arizona90 wrote:I talked to the recruiter yesterday on the phone. It was a bit hard to schedule a time to meet as his hours are the same as my work hours, we ended up settling on a date next week.

I'm excited to finally sit down and talk to a recruiter to get the ball rolling a bit.
...and what happened?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Ranger Jim,

I finally got the chance to go the recruiter’s office yesterday. The recruiter I was in the 82nd Airborne Division and served a few combat tours overseas (we didn’t talk specifics). After doing his presentation he asked what if I had anything in mind I wanted to do, I told him I’d be interested in the 11X option 40 contract.
He told me when he was in Airborne school he got pneumonia, but was still able to graduate. Then he got pneumonia again in RASP and was eventually dropped completely due to it. Out of all the recruiters I could have talked to I’m glad he is the one I’m working with, as he also wanted to be in the 75th.

As of right now I am:
Studying for the ASVAB so I can get a high GT score.
Trimming down on my weight
Continuing PT, within the doctors limits until fully healed
In the process of talking with my fiancé (getting married in November) to see if this is something that can work with our future family.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Arizona90 wrote: In the process of talking with my fiancé (getting married in November) to see if this is something that can work with our future family.
I can't tell you how important this is. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

I agree with Ranger Jim. That is the single most important thing to discuss / get squared away before anything else. If she is not on board life will be very difficult if not impossible and one of two things will happen. Split up or you will resent the Rangers / Army and you will not be there mentally. If you need any info you can PM me. I went through with a wife and 4 kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Ranger Jim and Ranger Grim666,

Thank you for reconfirming what I assumed was a important matter in my decision to enlist. Even though I want to be in the 75th Ranger Regiment SO BAD it's not worth it to me if it means loosing my family/future family.

Ranger Grim666,

PM sent
Arizona90
Embryo

Post by Arizona90 »

Losing*

I apologize for the spelling error.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”