SITREP- Braxton

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Braxton
Ranger

SITREP- Braxton

Post by Braxton »

Rangers I did it, I attained an option 40 contract about two weeks ago. On family day pass now. Got my pt to 279
12:41 2mile
64 pushups
71 sit-ups
It felt great being one of only 3 to receive an option 40 out of the whole company.
Even though my SDS had no clue who I was, he had recommended me based off my pt, expert qualification in Brm and since I have no negative counseling. Now I really can't wait til graduation in March.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP- Braxton

Post by Jim »

Braxton wrote:Rangers I did it, I attained an option 40 contract about two weeks ago. On family day pass now. Got my pt to 279
64 pushups
71 sit-ups
It felt great being one of only 3 to receive an option 40 out of the whole company.
Even though my SDS had no clue who I was, he had recommended me based off my pt, expert qualification in Brm and since I have no negative counseling. Now I really can't wait til graduation in March.
Great news, Braxton, you have come a long way in a short time. Just a few months ago you could not get a waiver, and now you have earned a training seat for RASP. While I did not see your comment on pull-ups, I hope you continued to work on them, Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:
Braxton wrote:Rangers I did it, I attained an option 40 contract about two weeks ago. On family day pass now. Got my pt to 279
64 pushups
71 sit-ups
Great news, Braxton, you have come a long way in a short time. Just a few months ago you could not get a waiver, and now you have earned a training seat for RASP. While I did not see your comment on pull-ups, I hope you continued to work on them, Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim, I will be working on my pull-ups these next 5 weeks until graduation. As of now I can do 6 dead hangs. I believe that's the minimum for airborne school, but I am not content with meeting the minimum. We have APFT 4 Monday and I'm expecting a 300+ since I only need 7 more pushups and sit-ups for 100pts. And especially since we have been getting smoked a lot lately since some privates can't go 14 weeks without phones or dip. So most likely it will be March before I update again since we have lost a lot of privileges.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

A couple tasks to complete in your spare time over the next five weeks:.

a. Memorize the Ranger Creed and start living by it.
b.. View the RASP video I posted.
c. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Jim wrote:A couple tasks to complete in your spare time over the next five weeks:.

a. Memorize the Ranger Creed and start living by it.
b.. View the RASP video I posted.
c. Never, never quit!
Roger Ranger Jim, thank you.
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

A little SITREP Rangers. Almost done with week 1 of airborne school, it's alright so far but the best thing about it is being so close to the Pre-RASP barracks and getting some info from the guys already there. Even one of the sergeants here in my platoon finished rasp about a month ago. My final apft 5 from OSUT ended up being a 280. I only remember my run time, which was 12:51 They make us do pull-ups a lot here at airborne school so my number on those should go up by graduation.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. Stay out of trouble and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

SITREP Rangers. I graduated Airborne school today. About to figure out the next step.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP. When do you start RASP? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Braxton
Ranger

Post by Braxton »

Ranger Jim, I am going to pre-rasp on Tuesday. Haven't found out a date for rasp yet, but most guys I have talked to in pre rasp told me they have been there for about a month.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Braxton wrote:Ranger Jim, I am going to pre-rasp on Tuesday. Haven't found out a date for rasp yet, but most guys I have talked to in pre rasp told me they have been there for about a month.
Congrats on becoming a Paratrooper, Braxton
Continue to give up sitreps as you can.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Steadfast wrote:
Braxton wrote:Ranger Jim, I am going to pre-rasp on Tuesday. Haven't found out a date for rasp yet, but most guys I have talked to in pre rasp told me they have been there for about a month.
Congrats on becoming a Paratrooper, Braxton
Continue to give up sitreps as you can.
Agree. Braxton, you are coming on strong! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Your goal is in sight, soon it'll be near your grasp. Becoming an Airborne Ranger is mostly mental, be on time, be in the proper uniform, follow instructions EXACTLY, don't let your body tell you it can't go on.... your body will try to bullshit you but your mind knows you can still go on. You are capable of things you've never dreamed of. Do NOT start anything with the attitude of ''I'll try my hardest''. To paraphrase my young friend Yoda; "Do not TRY.... Do or do not!.... There is no try. To try only is to fail!"

Good luck and good health to you!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Maggot275
Ranger

Post by Maggot275 »

Or my favorite motivational phrase...

"Your best?! Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen!"

Never quit!
Attack CO 2/75 01/94-12/98
Ranger Class 08-95

I then asked the Lord: "Why was there only one set of footprints?"
He answered: "The terrain was beginning to constrict and our hit time was coming close. So I put us in a Ranger file."

VII
XXII
MMV

Return to “Letters from School”