Introduction - luckyonethree

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

luckyonethree
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction - luckyonethree

Post by luckyonethree »

Hi Rangers and other members,

My name is Kade, I'm 19, and I'm a high school graduate. Currently I'm enrolled in my second semester of college. I signed my contract back in January, and I'm proud to say I ship out 20140528. I've been roaming this forum for the past couple of months, taking in all of the information you Rangers have provided us with. I can't thank you men enough for this. If you're wondering why I took so long to participate in the forum after having known about it for a couple of months, I wanted to take in as much info as possible so I wouldn't end up asking questions that are dumb/already answered.

PFT taken on 20140322:
PU: 50
SI: 52
2 mi: 14:00
Pull-ups: 4

I understand my scores are pitiful, but I plan to score a 300 before I ship out. Again, thank you Rangers for all of your insight, and I look forward to learning more from you Warriors.

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140528

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - luckyonethree

Post by Jim »

Kade, Do you have an option 40, and what MOS? If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We are proud of the fine young Rangers who have passed through ArmyRanger.com on their life journey. Please read the FAQs as well as select stickies and threads. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Time is not on your side. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

luckyonethree wrote:Hi Rangers and other members,

My name is Kade, I'm 19, and I'm a high school graduate. Currently I'm enrolled in my second semester of college. I signed my contract back in January, and I'm proud to say I ship out 20140528. I've been roaming this forum for the past couple of months, taking in all of the information you Rangers have provided us with. I can't thank you men enough for this. If you're wondering why I took so long to participate in the forum after having known about it for a couple of months, I wanted to take in as much info as possible so I wouldn't end up asking questions that are dumb/already answered.

PFT taken on 20140322:

I understand my scores are pitiful, but I plan to score a 300 before I ship out. Again, thank you Rangers for all of your insight, and I look forward to learning more from you Warriors.

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
luckyonethree
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by luckyonethree »

Ranger Jim and Ranger Slowpoke,

Thank you for acknowledging me. I apologize for not stating my contract. I have an 11x Option 40. I will put it in my signature now. Ranger Jim, time is not on my side, but determination is.

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
11X OPT 40

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Slowpoke wrote:
luckyonethree wrote:Hi Rangers and other members,

My name is Kade, I ship out 20140528.

PFT taken on 20140322:

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
Do not plan! DO OR DONOT, to plan only is to fail...... to paraphrase a young friend of mine, Yoda.

You have very little time left. You'd best get off your ass and start training! OSUT and Airborne School are not places to improve your APFT scores, you have to ship in the best physical condition of your life and then work hard during training to maintain your conditioning. Don't get stupid and injure yourself, but you're going to have to train hard.

It wasn't my intention to lay down a verbal beating, but rather to impress you with how little time is left. I wish good health and good luck as you seek your goal.

And to paraphrase another friend of mine..... Never, ever quit!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
luckyonethree
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by luckyonethree »

Ranger Slowpoke,

I'm proud to say I immediately caught your Yoda reference. I will admit (my pt scores are showing it), that I haven't been working as hard as I should have, although I've significantly increased my scores since January. Shamed to same, yes my pt scores were way worse than they are now. Also, Ranger Slowpoke, lay down all the verbal beatings you please. I'll take as many servings as you can dish.

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
11X OPT 40

luckyonethree
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by luckyonethree »

Shamed to say*
I'm still unsure of how to edit posts.

Respectfully,
luckyonethree
11X OPT 40

Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, luckyonethree.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

luckyonethree

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome & congrats on securing an Opt 40 contract.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
luckyonethree
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by luckyonethree »