Today was a good day.

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
IJH03
Egg

Today was a good day.

Post by IJH03 »

Rangers, today was a great day. I finally joined the ranks along with every one else in Rasp Class 09-13. I remember when I was 8 putting up soda cans in the back yard and pretending I was in the Army. It just felt so surreal having my dad put on my scroll for the first time and earning the right to don the tan beret in public for the first time. But like the cadre so kindly keeps reminding us, we haven't earned sh** yet. This past 9 months was only the easy part. But all the temporary pain from the past nine months now are just a blur, and it was all worth it. I would gladly go through it all again if I had too. Me and one of my best friends since day zero at reception (who showed me this forum/site) got orders to third battalion. And I look forward to earning my right to wear the tan beret everyday.
Rasp Class 09-13

"If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat but these names will never die."-Odysseus
6xBlessed
Embryo

Re: Today was a good day.

Post by 6xBlessed »

Contratulations! My son is graduating OSUT in three weeks and going on to Airborne and RASP. I love seeing posts like this. He also has been talking about this since he was young. Thank you for your service!
Johnna
Proud Mom of six,including a son currently at OSUT in GA, going to RASP after graduation in October
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

IJH03 wrote:Rangers, today was a great day. I finally joined the ranks along with every one else in Rasp Class 09-13. I remember when I was 8 putting up soda cans in the back yard and pretending I was in the Army. It just felt so surreal having my dad put on my scroll for the first time and earning the right to don the tan beret in public for the first time. But like the cadre so kindly keeps reminding us, we haven't earned sh** yet. This past 9 months was only the easy part. But all the temporary pain from the past nine months now are just a blur, and it was all worth it. I would gladly go through it all again if I had too. Me and one of my best friends since day zero at reception (who showed me this forum/site) got orders to third battalion. And I look forward to earning my right to wear the tan beret everyday.
Congratulations Ranger IJH03.

Welcome to the Ranger Brotherhood.

Going to 3/75 I see.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well done! Now the tough part starts. PM inbound. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
IntelToad
Ranger

Post by IntelToad »

Congrats Ranger !
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987