SITREP

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

roshrich
Egg

SITREP

Post by roshrich »

Hello to all Rangers and all forum members.

I've ran across this site a couple of months ago, it shed a lot of light for me about the Ranger community. I am thankful to all who made this website possible. Armor is what I was originally planning to branch, atlhough, I have searched about topics on what to branch as an officer to pursue a career in the Regiment and I've read that infantry is the only way; I am still confused on that, as I read in the Ranger Recruitment site, they are currently accepting applications from 12A (I apologize if this has already been clarified). I am currently a ROTC cadet, MS2 (sophomore year). I was afforded the opportunity to go to Airborne School this summer, and at my short time there I met some Rangers who shed light upon the Ranger Regiment for me. That's when I realized that I wanted to serve as an officer in the Regiment
I currently have a 3.89 GPA, and have a PT score of 330. I am currently on pursuit for a CDQC slot offered to cadets. I am still reading the post's on CDQC for any helpful tips that I may able to use.

Thanks for this site, and all who served.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Jim »

If you want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com in their life journey. Please begin by reading the FAQs as well as selected threads and stickies. Answer a few questions: where are you going to school and why do you want to be a Ranger? Most questions you might have are already addressed. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please self-administer a PT test within the next 72 hours, and post your results on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
roshrich
Egg

Post by roshrich »

Ranger Jim, thanks for the heads up. I currently attend University of Texas at San Antonio. The reasons I want to be a Ranger are many, I've realized that rangers have high standards not just through schools and selection, but to live by. God gave me physical and mental capabilities, their are few in this world that don't carry those capabilities, thats why I believe everything I do, I should strive to get as far as I can and help as much as I can. That's why I want to serve in one of the best.
Pt test:
90 pushups
89 situps
12:20 2 mile
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

roshrich

Post by Steadfast »

I moved your 1st post to introductions from the Mosh Pit as we require an introduction for all Rangers so we can get to know you.

Please read our FAQ's, selected stickies & threads in each forum. Do get rid of your nice avatar, it is not standard unless you select from DEP.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
roshrich
Egg

Post by roshrich »

Apologies for any inconvinience Ranger steadfast. Will do.
Bronco
Quitter

Post by Bronco »

Welcome. PM inbound, roshrich.
11X OPT 40
SHIP DATE: 20140715

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

Why the hell cadets get slots to CDQC is way the fuck beyond me
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

But where are my manners. Welcome here, cadet.
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Dreadnought wrote:Why the hell cadets get slots to CDQC is way the fuck beyond me
Because Cadets are awesome
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Silverback wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:Why the hell cadets get slots to CDQC is way the fuck beyond me
Because Cadets are awesome

Man, I am so glad you are back in the playground, even if it is mostly crop dusting....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jasper
Ranger

Post by Jasper »

roshrich,
There are a variety of officers within the Regiment. As all officers are, they don't stay for long durations, but that is the way life is for you.

As far as what positions specifically? The army tries desperately to hold us to the light infantry brigade MTOE. So similar to 2nd BDE 82nd. This would include a bunch of infantry, and fires officers (not sure if that's a functional area officer or not) in the line companies, and the variety supporting S1-S6 to include intel and signal. Additionally there's some officers in our sustainment companies but I couldn't begin to tell you their branch.

I would strongly encourage sending an email to the recruiter that can be found on goarmy.com, he will be able to give you the most absolute answer to your question

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4
"Life is experience, and longevity is, in the end, measured by memory, and those with a thousand tales to tell have indeed lived longer than any who embrace the mundane.” – R.A. Salvatore

2/75 HHC Jan '09 - Dec '13
RSTB RCC Jan '14 - Present
RIP Class 01-09
Ranger School Class 08-10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please add pull-ups to your routine. Memorize the Ranger Creed, and begin to live it, Never. never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”