Introduction-Constantine

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction-Constantine

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:Roger that, Ranger Jim

I ship out 20130827 to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I figure that's about 80+ days or so between then and now, and I am taking advantage of everyday in between. Every morning at 0630 to 0730 this past week has been for PT, and this trend is going to continue up until I ship out.
OK, begin memorizing the Ranger Creed and start to live by it. Do more PT, the time will pass quicker than you think. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Roger that Ranger Jim, next update will be for PT.
68W Opt. 40
Ship Date: 20130827

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, so one of our 68W enlistees who could not get an Option 40 is doing well. Look for entries from FSHerbert . Never, never quit!
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Roger Ranger Jim.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Please look at his comments.

FSHerbert
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Ranger Jim,

Thank you for bringing Ranger FSHerbert's SITREP to my attention. It really puts a few things into perspective for someone like me, whose whole military preperation revolved around PT so I don't get cycled out of RASP. I realize that although meeting PT standards are important, it's more than that that contributes to someone's success in the Regiment, the "Whole Person" is what is looked at, and that is not something that I understood before reading Ranger FsHerbert's post. While I am not sure if I am missing a point trying to be made, here is what I pulled away from Ranger FSHerbert's SITREP that I was not really aware of:

- A lot of people are passionate about the idea of being a Ranger, yet when confronted with the reality of it, they are not able to handle it.
- PT is not everything, you have to meet standards, yes; but being a PT stud does not put RASP "in the bag".
-Having "all your ducks in a row" and being aware of where you are going (physically & professionally) will get you far, so don't do X when you really want to do Y, but also know where you are going with Y.

Thank you again Ranger Jim for the heads up, I am grateful that you are looking out for me whenever a medic on the site posts a SITREP, the advice they bring back helps a great deal. I will be on the lookout for any further posts by Ranger FSHerbert, I will be sure to inform him that he his SITREP has helped an aspiring Ranger Medic.

Mini-Update:
I am going to speak to my recruiter Monday for my FSP orientation and to set up my AKO account. I am going to speak to him about Updating my Enlistment Option to an Option 4/40 since I have a few months to play around with before my ship date. I will post what he says.
68W Opt. 40

ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

I went to the recruiting office and got everything set up and squared away as far as the FSP stuff is concerned. The highlight was the questions I had about updating my enlistment option to Option 4. Simply put, I was told it was impossible several times. They said that:
a. They would have no way of checking
b. If they called MEPS, MEPS would call ROC and ROC wouldn't look cause I already have a permanent reservation
c. The only way to get anything different would be to RENO and if I RENO, then I might not get that same job back.
d. They offer slots for Airborne at AIT, as long as I keep my PT up.
e. Rangers come recruit medics from AIT directly.

The plus side is that my FSL (Future Soldier Leader) who is not among the people saying those things was more willing to look into it for me. And... I have to meet with him every week, so I will continue to push for it.

On the PT side of things, I will starting bi-weekly 5 mile runs, so I can get a handle on my run times and work on my stamina, plus if BCT rolls around and they just happen to have a BAC slot, I would be prepared.

Next projected update is my next 2-2-2+ Pull up Assessment
68W Opt. 40

PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Man reading your post just pisses me off. You are getting the run around. All your recruiter needs to do is send a email to one of the liaisons with your name, ssn, ship date, and ask the liaison to check and see if they can update your reservation to option 4. If it is available all they do is change the option 3 to 4. If it isn't available you can try to reno into a ship week that has 68W with option 4. I will call your meps tomorrow morning and see if I can get you squared away. You have a great attitude so keep it up and never quit.

Perryb
Grim666
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Grim666 »

I would agree with PerryB. Although I was a pain in the ass and the station head of the recruiting station I was at was glad to see me leave they never turned down my request to look for the Option 40. I started with a 68W contract then had Airborne added and finally an Option 40 added. So they worked to get it, and I know recruiters can certainly do this. Maybe I was just lucky and had a good recruiter or maybe he just did his job either way I am thankful he did, but I would not stop calling or pushing. Hopefully PerryB can help you out.
Graduated RASP Class 09-12
Successful Mentee to Ranger The Sleepy Doc
75th Ranger Regiment, RSTB 2013 - 2016
528th SOSB, SOMEDD 2016 - ????
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Thank you Ranger Grim666, and PerryB.

I am sure I would be having a much harder time without you, and all the other Rangers here. That being said, if nothing can be done for whatever reason, I still owe everyone here more than they can imagine. I will still work towards getting into Ranger Battalion, and after tomorrows 5-mile run, I will make sure to push out 50 pushups for the effort being put forth on my behalf.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

ConstantineCS wrote:Thank you Ranger Grim666, and PerryB.

I am sure I would be having a much harder time without you, and all the other Rangers here. That being said, if nothing can be done for whatever reason, I still owe everyone here more than they can imagine. I will still work towards getting into Ranger Battalion, and after tomorrows 5-mile run, I will make sure to push out 50 pushups for the effort being put forth on my behalf.
As well you should. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

I wanted to wait until I had a MEPS date scheduled to post, but I am not 100% as to when that will be. So, I will proceed with the good news.

June 4th, PerryB managed to get me a 68W Opt. 40 contract! :D The update to my contract was added at around 1020 June 4th, I think it is worth noting that I was told that updating my contract was impossible at 1630 June 3rd by my recruiters. Needless to say, when I called less than 24 hours the next day, they were more or less dumbfounded :lol: . I will say that without PerryB, I would probably be headed to Basic Training with no assurance of Airborne or RASP and for that I am thankful. But I am probably getting ahead of myself to a degree, seeing as though I have to take an Airborne Physical, and possibly meet with a security investigator, both things that have the potential to take away the Airborne and RASP slots that I have reserved for me.

But as of right now, I have an Option 40, with 68W. :mrgreen:

I will be meeting with my Future Solider Leader later this week for PT/more orientation/MEPS info. This is important because I was told that I do not need a security interview, however, I am not going to let my contract hinge on what is probably a guess, so I will confirm with my FSL as to whether or not I need one.

I said last time I posted that I would run 5 miles, and push out 50 for the effort being put forth on my part. I did both that day, and ran 5 miles again that Friday. I thought that I should post the times for those interested.

June 4th 5-mi: 56:32
June 7th 5-mi: 51:14

I am going to keep up with the morning PT, and hopefully shave another 5 minutes off of my 5 mile time.

I will post an update pending on what my recruiter says or what I am told at MEPS.
68W Opt. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Keep us updated to include your ship date.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

Roger Ranger Jim.

My ship date remained the same, because I did not require a reno. I spoke to my recruiter today (he called about 45 minutes ago and showed up to get my body-fat measurements) and he said they would keep me updated about an Airborne Physical and Security Interview.

After my MEPS date, and if they clear me to keep the Opt. 40, I hope to hope to find a Ranger Mentor, but as of right now, I'll keep on with the PT, squaring stuff away with my packet, and hopefully getting a PT group together.

I will post whenever I have some more information.
68W Opt. 40

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Congrats ConstantineCS on getting your Opt 40 (thanks to PerryB of course!).

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”