Reintroduction/ Sitrep

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Re: Reintroduction/ Sitrep

Post by mlgpostpwn »

I will use the time I have left here to max out my PT scores. I've memorized the Ranger creed. Im studying Ranger history. I have a coworker who was a 68W and he's already offered his books and manuals. They may be 8 years old but I know I have a very important job and I would like to be on top of things when I arrive at FT Sam Houston for AIT.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

If they are 8 years old then doctrine has changed. I would recommend getting this if you want to study, plus the money goes to a good cause:

http://www.amazon.com/Ranger-Medic-Hand ... c+handbook
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
mlgpostpwn
Embryo

Post by mlgpostpwn »

Roger that Ranger Goon. I already have one on the way sir.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

For the record, we had a medic who was deathly allergic to PCN. We would fuck with him by sprinkling he dust from the medication bottles around his desk. Other than that, he never had any issues.

Don't spend too much time learning the "Ranger Medic Handbook". There will be plenty of time for that. However, if you want to study something that will pay big dividends, and you have no medical background, get a hold of some basic anatomy/physiology study guides. From what my mentee was telling me, the is the great equalizer in SOMC. There are a number of good ones-anything by Dr. Frank Netter is aces.

That and PT. PT is your friend. Do everything possible to max out before you get to basic. It will make things much, much easier on you later. If you are able to max your PT and have an Associate's degree when you enter, it is not outside the realm of possibility to be a Tabbed SGT within two years.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
ConstantineCS
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by ConstantineCS »

mlgpostpwn wrote:Hello. Well I did not sign during that initial trip to MEPS. They wanted to ship me out next month and I can't leave that soon. My recruiters told me to drop my summer classes. They were very upset and said that I "should be ****ing grateful because I am waivered out". If I take these classes over summer I can finish my AA out of basic with the credits I'll receive as electives.

One week later I went to MEPS and signed 68W. I ship 20130826 on my sister's birthday. My father swore me in and it was one of the happiest moments in my life. I am very grateful to be given the opportunity to serve in your Army. It has been a long road for me and I finally have a shipdate. When I first talked with my recruiter he mentioned that I may be dq from any medical MOS because of my arrest. I know I was set on 11x last week but I am very happy with my decision. After hearing that I would be able to attain 68W I was fully adamant about being given the opportunity to help those in need. And to also have those that I have looked up to for so long maybe one day look up to me. I know I have a very long road set be fore me if I hope to make the 75th. Its a challenge that I will not fall by the wayside. I will focus on my goals one target at a time. First to be the best soldier and medic I can be.

Thank You Rangers.

An applicant was sitting next to me near the liaison's office with the reddest eyes because he got dq because he couldn't do a balance test during the ortho exam. I know what he's talking about because when I had the physical I fell over also and had two guys charge at me with clipboards watching my every move.
Where is your BCT? Cause my ship date is a day after yours, with the same MOS.
68W Opt. 40
Ship Date: 20130827

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”