Introduction: Hunter

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Introduction: Hunter

Post by hdelyser2 »

Hello all Rangers. I'd like to start off by saying thank you for allowing me the oppurtunity to learn as much as I possibly about Rangers and RASP. You all are the reason why Rangers are who they are today and why I want to become a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. You Rangers set the standard high not only for me, but anyone who wants to be an elite warrior and call themselves a Ranger.
As for a little background of who I am, well my name is Hunter. I live in a very small town and go to school in New York. I am currently 17 years old and in 11th grade. Its getting toward the end of my school year and in two days the Army considers me to be a senior and so i have started the recruiting process. I have taken the ASVAB in which I scored an 80. All of my paperwork is completed and now all I have left to do is go to MEPS and get the Physical and sign my contract. Ive told my recruiter that I want an 11x Opt. 40 contract and he says I will defintitley get it. I have complete trust in him and I beleive hes a really great guy. I cannot wait to have the contract signed and have be 100%. My only goal right now is to get that contract and get in the best shape I can possibly be in for next June.(which would be around when I ship to basic).
As for the physical part part I have been pushed to be my best my whole life. My father and I have a really close relationship and hes always pushed me to be my best, no matter what I do whether it being school work, soccer, or even chores. Obviously its no where neart how hard I will be pushed at RASP, assuming i get ther, but im okay with it. Ive learned to excel at no matter what i do or ill give it my all trying. So far, ive been doing my own APFT tests and using the online calculators to see my score. My last one I took, I got about a 314.
Pushups-76
Situps-81
Two-mile- 12:15
As i said, becoming a member of the 75Th Ranger Regiment is my main goal in my life right now. I just want to say thankyou to all Rangers for your service and sacrifices and for taking the time to read this. You all are my inspiration!
RLTW!!!
11X OPT. 40
SHIP DATE: 20140714

"Five Mentees Report Here" Thread Member
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Hunter

Post by Jim »

Welcome Hunter. Not a bad introduction. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who come through ArmyRanger.com during their life journey. Most questions you may have are already addressed at least once. The search feature, located at the top right of this page is your friend. Time is on your side, so ensure that you hold out for your option 40. Right now they are few and far between, later on in the year, they may become more available. Please take a look at the Ranger Creed and begin to live your life by that creed. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Thankyou Ranger Jim. I intend to live the Ranger Creed from here on out to the best of my ability and I willhold out on that Opt. 40 and will post when I get it!
11X OPT. 40

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Hunter.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Hunter.
A Co, 3/75.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Hunter, How are your chin-ups? Do you use proper form?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Ranger Jim,my chin-ups are pretty good. I do use proper form and I can do about 30-40 reps. I mainly foucus on pull ups as they are harder for me but im at about 30 reps so far for my max.
11X OPT. 40

hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Hello all Rangers, I would just like to give a quick update on my status. Today i got back from MEPS and i signed for an 11x option 40 contract. This was one of the best moments of my life by far today. My ship date is 20140725. I have just over a year to prepare and I cannot wait.
11X OPT. 40

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Excellent SITREP! Have you memorized the Ranger Creed? Never, never quit!
hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Thankyou Ranger Jim! I have not fully memorized the Ranger creed yet, I have the first two stanzas memorized so far because im memorizing the soldiers creed as well for the future soldier program. I will have both memorized by the end of my school year.
11X OPT. 40

PerryB
Recruiting for the Darkside

Post by PerryB »

Congrats on getting your contract. If you have time this summer I would recommend you read the following 2 books. #1 Roberts Ridge by Malcom MacPherson #2 Back in the fight by SFC Joseph Kapacziewski.
In my opinion both of those books will give you a really in depth look at the heart and soul of what it takes to be a Ranger in the 75th Regiment. Good luck and again congrats.

Perryb
hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Thank you very much PerryB and I definitely will! I just finished reading Sua Sponte by Dick Couch. It was a great book that took you practically through RASP day by day and after the completion of it.
11X OPT. 40

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

hdelyser2

Post by Steadfast »

hdelyser2, how many pull ups (palms facing outward) can you do.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
hdelyser2
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by hdelyser2 »

Ranger Steadfast, I just did pull ups (palms facing outward) and completed 28 in a row.
11X OPT. 40

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”