Introduction: Trevor

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Shadow2
Egg

Introduction: Trevor

Post by Shadow2 »

Hello everyone, firstly I'd like to thank every one who has served/is serving/and will serve this country for me. Secondly, I'd like to say thank you for allowing me to join the forums. My name is Trevor, I am about to graduate from High School. I have to admit, I'm not like the other guys who say something along the lines of "I wanted to be a Ranger my whole life," but I will say I have been been absolutely infatuated with the military my whole life. I didn't start considering actually joining the military until the 10th grade. I am the type of guy who can't settle for something when there is a higher level I can go for. God granted me some pretty bad eyes, so I started looking for that something "special" that will allow corrective lenses. I stumbled across the Army's webpage for the Rangers and boy was happy. I started looking into it and doing some research, and the whole time it was calling my name. It was as if what I was reading was made for me. That is when I decided to talk to my parents about it. We are a very God-centered family and my moms advice was to pray about it. And I did. People have a higher calling, and I feel this is what mine is. I've been talking to my recruiter about it, and I am going to MEPS soon as soon as my parents will sign. I am 17, I turn 18 in June. So far, the only open Option 40 was for a cook, and I am way more of an infantry styled guy. He said there were some Airborne options available, so I am going to shoot for that and prove myself and try to get to a recruiter in basic to get a slot for RASP.Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to absorbing any and all the information I can from you guys as I can. My PT scores as of today:

2 mile run: 13:29
Sit ups in 2 mintues: 87
Push ups in 2 minutes: 75
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Trevor

Post by Jim »

All right, Trevor, that's one of the better introductions I've seen lately. I see you have posted a PT baseline, so you know where you need work. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take a great deal of pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most questions have been addressed at least once. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend. Please tell us more about yourself: Where did you grow up? Did you play sports in HS? Have you any long term ambitions? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Trev_Wilson wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the Ranger Regiment has more cooks that are actually trained chefs than any other Army unit. The make sure the boys are fed well You will work long hours, I'd say longer than anybody.. including the medics. Know this though: if there are three people joe takes care of, its medics, cooks and PAC clerks. (although they talk shit about them all the time.. go figure)
For the record, highest number of confirmed kills by an individual from 3rd Batt during October 3rd rescue mission in Somalia?

16 by a cook/SAW gunner.

Toughest job in Batt, right there. Go for it!

QRT was here.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Trev_Wilson.
A Co, 3/75.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Shadow2
Egg

Post by Shadow2 »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! A little more about myself; I've grown up all my life down south in AR, so I'm pretty well out for getting down and dirty. I've ran track and cross country for quite some time throughout my HS years, so I've always been in pretty good shape. I plan on doing the best I can with the gifts God's granted me. I'm not exactly planning on making a career out of the Army, but by all means I am no objected to it. I will cross that bridge when I get to it. As far as long term ambitions aside from the military, I am want study criminal justice if and when I get out of the military. As of now, I have my sights set on getting myself into the Regiment. Aiming big, but I won't quit on it.

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”