Introduction: Camach

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Camach
Egg

Introduction: Camach

Post by Camach »

Hello Rangers,

After years of lurking, I believe it is my time for an introduction.

My name is Andrew and I am 25 years old. I currently reside in Nebraska, even though I work in Oklahoma.

After high school I attended a university in the Midwest for a bachelors degree in geology. Also during the first two years of my college career I participated in the university’s Army ROTC program. I got out after two years when I realized I was still too young and immature for the program.

After graduation I accepted a job recording drilling operations and analyzing for hydrocarbons for new oil and gas wells in Oklahoma. While it’s not a bad job for just getting out of school and it has provided me with some great experience I find it to be unsatisfying for various reasons.

I have always taken interest in the military and serving although I took a different direction out of high school. Lately I have been coming to the realization that I if I don’t serve I will regret it later in life. With my current unsatisfying job I feel this is a perfect opportunity to find an exit and fulfill that part of my life.

I have been meeting with a recruiter over the last couple of weeks in Nebraska, between working in Oklahoma. I have already provided him with the needed information and documents to get entered into the system. I expressed my interest in an 11x Option 40 contract while in his office.

However, in the last couple of days I stumbled across the 35G MOS. Which I found to be quite interesting, even with the vague description and the small amounts of information I came across. With a little more research I found that the 35G MOS is among the eligible MOS’s for the Option 40 contract.

I am not sure how many 35G Option 40 contracts are available or the likelihood of finding one but I am currently waiting on a response from my recruiter.

PT
Pushups: 75
Situps: 61
2 mile: 14:08
Pullups: 8
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Camach

Post by Jim »

Interesting post. Try this link. You need to work on your PT. Never, never quit!

http://www.army-portal.com/jobs/militar ... e/35g.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Camach.
A Co, 3/75.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Camach.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Also try this link:

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html

Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Camach
Egg

Post by Camach »

Rangers,

Update:

I attended MEPS this last Thursday and Friday. Scored an 85 on the ASVAB. I thought all was well until I sat down with the liaison. I mentioned I was interested the 35G with an option 40 or an 11x option 40. He said he hadn't seen either of the two in the system for the last six months. That might be correct for the 35G, but I know my recruiter and I saw 11x option 40s just two or three weeks ago.

I was told to go have lunch and that I would be called back shortly. When I returned the liaison had the 35G qualifications printed out. He noted that I was disqualified for the 35G because my eyes scored a "2" on the physical profile while the 35G physical profile requires a "1" for eyes.

The liaison showed me what jobs were available and kept trying to get me to sign up for one of them. I told him that I wasn't going to sign something just to sign something. The liaison wanted me to make a list of other MOSs that I'd be interested in over the weekend and to come back Monday. I agreed to come back but I want to see if I'm able to have my eyes retested.

My recruiter wasn't able to be at MEPS Friday so I contacted him when I got out. He said MEPS/the liaisons were keeping him out of the loop of what was happening. He also told me he was tracking my progress (I didn't even know recruiters could track the progress of their recruiters if they weren't at MEPS.) and saw that my eyes were listed as a "1" but were later changed to a "2".

I am not sure what I believe at the moment but like I said I am headed back Monday.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As would I. Stand up for yourself. To a recruiter, you are only a number.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”