Introduction: Chris

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Chris323
Egg

Introduction: Chris

Post by Chris323 »

To all former or current Rangers, soldiers, and aspirants on this site:

Hello from a wanna-be. My name is Chris and I'm a 21 year old former college student and former part-time welder. I joined this site because of the highly valuable motivation and dedication that Rangers demonstrate and because I may pursue personal advice regarding my own goals after perusing the contents of the forums.

While not appropriately part of a formal introduction, I do have one question pertaining to rules on this board: I chose the American flag as my avatar, being that I'm a proud citizen of this country and that it gives no false impressions about my background, but am confused as to instructions provided in the FAQs. They mention that non-Poolees and non-soldiers should choose avatar images from the "Newts" section, which was not present when I attempted the change (the categories present were "DEPers, flags, insignia, and tactical.) Have I chosen correctly, or does my avatar choice need to be addressed?

I thank you all for your time and consideration and look forward to the insight I will inevitably glean from this site.

Respectfully,
Chris323
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction: Chris

Post by Jim »

Welcome Chris323. If you truly want to earn a pace in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young Rangers who have passed through armyranger.com on their life journey. Most questions have been addressed at least once. Get familiar with the search feature, located on the top right of this page. The search feature is your friend. Please tell us more about yourself. Why do you want to be a Ranger? You may find a lot of good information on the link I added to my response. Never, never quit!

http://www.soc.mil/75th%20Ranger%20Regi ... iting.html
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Chris323.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
MichaelS
Ranger

Post by MichaelS »

PM inbound, Chris323.
A Co, 3/75.
Chris323
Egg

Post by Chris323 »

Hello Rangers Jim and CharlieRanger1FFV,

Poolee/Future Soldier (and prospective Future Ranger) MichaelS contacted me via PM and clarified some points that I believe I had ought to address "publicly" to you. I stated that I am a "wanna-be" but now realize that this may be a bit of a misnomer... I am a poolee in the USMC DEP and ship out into an Intel MOS on 20131007. The MOS that I have could eventually lead me to Ranger School (after Army Airborne School, of course), which is an opportunity I would cherish. Future Soldier MichaelS (correctly, and politely) encouraged me to clarify that I am not a "wanna-be" in that I am not an option 40 DEP/FSP candidate. Now that I've done that, I want to thank you all for your service and express my admiration for your Creed, your levels of motivation, and your dedication to serve this country at the highest levels of performance in spite of the sometimes wavering support from the American public.

It is unlikely that I will be serving in an elite, special operations unit during my military career, but I am proud to have the opportunity to defend the values of our country and society and will continue to view you all as role models and masters of your domain. A large part of my choosing to join this site is the chance I'll have to observe and hopefully imbibe some infinitesimal amount of the Rangers' "culture," which is to say their dedication to service and excellence.

I further express gratitude for allowing me to be a part of this community and hereby affirm that I will not be intrusive nor pester with questions. It is a privilege to share the same cyberspace and I will not squander this.

Thank you for your positive input and your time, and apologies again for the lack of clarity in my previous post.

Respectful regards,
Chris
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You should have identified yourself as being a USMC DEP.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chris323
Egg

Post by Chris323 »

Jim wrote:You should have identified yourself as being a USMC DEP.
I apologize for the error, Ranger Jim. Thank you for the correction, and I will hereafter observe all forum rules to the best of my ability and understanding.

Have a great weekend,
Chris

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”